You may have seen the many pleas and reminders for you to take the survey and help improve support.sas.com. You may be wondering why you continue to see them. Well, the answer is simple: It is important to us to hear from as many of you as possible before we start making changes. So far, we have heard from about 75 of you and we are grateful for each and every completed survey. But we're greedy and we want to hear from more of you.
You see, the last major update to support.sas.com was done in 2007. (It's OK to gasp at that.) Sure, we have changed a few section titles, added a few more sections, and updated the look of a few pages, but the general behavior and look of the site hasn't changed. In those seven years, SAS software and services has changed. We believe that the Customer Support web site needs to change:
- to keep up with what you expect from your software vendor
- to keep up with how you use our software
- to improve how you use our site
- to better serve users who do not speak English as their first language.
Your feedback will help us change the site for the better to best serve your needs. If you take this very short survey, you can tell us how we are doing and what you think we should do differently. The survey offers a couple of open text boxes for free-range thinking. Please take advantage of these opportunities. Nothing is better than the comments that you provide in your own words.
Feel like the survey doesn't address what you want to say? No worries. Here are some options for providing more feedback:
- Add a comment to this blog post. I'll be watching.
- Comment in the community post about the survey. We're watching there too.
- Send a message using the web feedback form on support.sas.com.
- Don't forget the free-range text box at the end of the survey.
Wait! There's more. The last question on the survey asks if you are willing to participate in testing and feedback as we start to contemplate the possible changes. We hope that many of you sign up to participate. We promise to be respectful of your time.
I'll share our findings here after the survey closes. Here's what we know so far:
- Many of you have been using the site for a long time.
- You use the site to read documentation.
- You use the site to research error messages and problems with your installation.
- You wish the site was a little more user-friendly.
- Most of you are fairly successful in completing the tasks that you attempt on the site.
We are grateful for those of you who have already completed the survey. Can we double our participation number in the next 4 weeks? The survey closes on September 22, 2014. Please take the survey and encourage your coworkers and SAS friends to do the same.