Hadoop, in-memory analytics, the Internet of Things (IoT), machine learning, data visualization— topics that are dominating the analytics airwaves. SAS is innovating in all these areas, rapidly developing new products and functionality to meet the needs of today’s analytic environment.
During this year’s Technology Connection session, SAS Global Forum 2015 attendees got a glimpse into SAS R&D’s 18-month plan, which is driven in large part by initiatives like Hadoop and IoT that are changing the way you can manage and share data. Here are just a few of the new and enhanced products slated for upcoming SAS releases.
For those wanting to leverage their investment in both SAS and Hadoop investments, look especially for:
- SAS/ACCESS to Hadoop
- SAS Data Loader for Hadoop (Don’t forget to download a free trial!)
- SAS High-Performance Analytics
- SAS Grid Manager for Hadoop (Coming soon!)
The next scheduled release of SAS 9.4 will include:
- SAS Analytical Products
- SAS Factory Miner, a new product that enables users to build predictive models more rapidly
- SAS Event Stream Processing
- SAS Visual Investigator, a new tool in the SAS Fraud & Security Intelligence toolbox
- SAS Business Intelligence updates
- SAS Visual Analytics, including a more powerful integration with SAS Visual Statistics
You can see these products in action by selecting General Sessions from the SAS Global Forum Video Home.
During Chris Hemedinger’s interviews on SAS Tech Talk, SAS product developers have a chance to share insights the SAS Visual Statistics, SAS Cybersecurity, SAS Studio and other technical directions.