CAS Actions and Action Sets - a brief intro - A quick introduction about the distributed CAS server in SAS® Viya®.
Index of articles on Getting Started with Python Integration to SAS Viya.
- Making a Connection - An introduction to SAS Viya and the massively parallel processing CAS engine, and how to make a connection to CAS using the Python SWAT package.
- Working with CAS Actions and CASResults Objects - Learn about CAS actions and action sets, how to execute actions in the distributed CAS server, and how to work with the client-side results.
- Loading a CAS Action Set - Learn how to explore the available CAS action sets in your environment, and load an action set if it's not loaded.
- Exploring Caslibs - Get an overview of how data is organized in the distributed CAS server and how to use CAS actions to explore the environment.
- Loading Server-Side Files into Memory - Learn how to load data into memory in the CAS server to begin processing your data in a massively parallel processing environment.
- Descriptive Statistics - Learn how to use the SWAT describe method and the summary CAS action to obtain descriptive statistics of your CAS table.
- Filtering CAS Tables - Learn how to filter CAS tables using a variety of methods like the traditional Pandas bracket notation, the SWAT query and isin method, and the CAS table where parameter.
- Creating Calculated Columns - Learn how to create calculated columns in a CAS table using a variety of methods like the traditional Pandas bracket notation, the swat eval method, and the CAS table computedVarsProgram parameter.
- Summarize Columns - Learn how to perform simple summarizations on a distributed CAS table using a variety of Pandas API methods through SWAT package like sum, mean, max and nlargest.
- Group and Aggregate CAS Tables - Learn how to group and aggregate distributed CAS tables using the familiar Pandas groupby method in the SWAT package, and the CAS table groupby parameter.
- Rename Columns - Learn how to rename CAS table columns using familiar Python techniques and the alterTable CAS action.
- Count of Unique Values - Learn how to get the count of unique values in a CAS table column
- Loading a Client-Side File into Memory - Learn how to load a client-side csv file into the distributed CAS server.
- CAS Table to DataFrame - Learn how to transfer a CAS table from the CAS server to your Python client as a DataFrame.
- Count Missing Values in a CAS Table - Learn how to identify missing values in a CAS table.
- Execute SQL (coming soon)
- Saving CAS tables (coming soon)
- Update rows in CAS tables (coming soon)
- Read multiple CSV files into a CAS table (coming soon)
- Using Python for Data Analytics in SAS Viya - Check out my SAS Explore Python presentation to learn how to unite the Python language with the analytic power of SAS.
- Ask the Expert Webinar - How Do I Use Python in SAS® Viya®? - Check out my Python integration in SAS Viya one hour workshop webinar!
- CAS Action! - a series on fundamentals blog series - Here is a series of posts centered on CAS Actions. In this series I use the CAS language (CASL) to call CAS actions, however actions can also be specified with the Python SWAT package to process data in the distributed CAS server with small changes to the syntax for the Python language.
- Getting Started with Python Integration to SAS Viya for Predictive Modeling - Want to learn how to to use Python for predictive modeling in SAS Viya's distributed CAS server? Check out the following series!
Hernan - Peter will be posting the remaining sections of this series in the coming weeks. Meantime, here's a community article that may help you out: https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/Two-Simple-Ways-to-Import-Local-Files-with-Python-in-CAS-Viya-3/ta-p/627029
I am interested in "Part 5: Uploading Data Into CAS." When will that be publsihed?
Clarification: I am speaking of running Python on a Windows 10 machine, while SAS Viya runs on Linux servers.