I’m an avid open water swimmer. In order to succeed in open water races I must do two things:
- I must sight properly in order to swim the straightest line possible in the right direction. The straighter the line, the less I have to swim.
- I must use a powerful, yet efficient stroke. The proper stroke is imperative. I must use a powerful stroke to propel forward in the water, but must do it efficiently to conserve energy for long swims.
Enterprises analyzing their data must sometimes feel like they’re drowning or swimming aimlessly in the open waters. Luckily, SAS provides solutions and computing architectures to help organizations succeed in the “open waters” of data mining and machine learning.
Swimming a straighter line
As you can see from the diagram to the right, not swimming a straight line means you swim a longer distance, which means more time in the water, leaving you feeling tired and disillusioned. The same thing happens when an organization is tasked with a business problem that involves large and complex data analysis – without the proper training.
You must train yourself and your organization first. SAS offers free training on many facets of the analytics lifecycle such as accessing and managing data, creating visualizations, and performing analysis. All you need is a free SAS profile to get started.
Using a powerful and efficient stroke
Now that you have a straight line of sight, the next step is to develop a powerful and efficient stroke. This is difficult because power and efficiency don’t always go hand in hand. Swimming experts have developed a swim stroke that excels at both if the proper technique is employed. It’s called the early vertical forearm (EVF). The EVF has been proven effective at propelling you forward while leveraging the more powerful back and pectoral muscles.
Just as a swimmer uses the EVF to efficiently swim fast, organizations must use the proper tools to achieve fast and accurate results from their data. SAS’ latest machine learning offering, SAS Viya Data Mining and Machine Learning is the right solution to make enterprises powerful and efficient in order to solve their business problems. SAS Viya Data Mining and Machine Learning is:
- Powerful -- with the latest statistical, machine learning and text analysis algorithms to help accelerate structured and unstructured data analysis, it employs the latest parallel and distributed in-memory computing technologies and is optimized for multi-pass analytics computations for quick and accurate results.
- Unified -- supporting the entire machine learning pipeline, from data access and preparation to analysis and scoring – all in one single environment. There’s no need to stitch multiple tools together or use multiple programming languages to enable the analytics lifecycle.
- Open -- allowing major analytics programming languages together with SAS in the same governed environment, it’s also open to REST API’s so that you can use your interface of choice.
- Cloud-ready -- running in the cloud or on-premises to meet modern demands, there’s no longer a need to procure expensive on-premises hardware to run powerful analytics.
Ready to dominate the open waters of data mining and machine learning? Give SAS Viya Data Mining and Machine Learning a try.
You can sign up to try the pre-production version today. There’s no software to install. You’ll have pre-defined and guided scripts with help videos and documentation to get you started right away.
Coming soon there will also be an open pre-production software trial that will allow you to install the software in the cloud or on-premises. And, you’ll be able to load your own data. Stay tuned for details!