With the holidays quickly approaching, many of us have quite a bit of travel ahead and/or overall increased busyness running around from here to there. When you’re on the go, it can be difficult to continue to eat nutrient dense, healthy foods. However, with a little planning (and patience!) you can eat healthy wherever you are with these snacks on the go!On the go? Trying to eat well? These two goals can go together with these healthy #snack ideas that can be enjoyed anytime, anywhere! #saslife Click To Tweet
Check out the video and lists below for ideas on what to pack the next time you're headed out for a trip or it's just a typical Wednesday evening full of errands and events.
If you plan/can pack a cooler, try these “cool” snack combos:
- Baby carrots with an individual packet of guacamole
- Berries with plain Greek yogurt
- Homemade energy bites
- Natural deli meat (no nitrates/nitrites) wrapped around a cheese stick
- Sliced veggies and hummus
- Apple and boiled eggs
If you’d rather not/can’t pack a cooler, try these shelf-stable snack combos:
- Banana and dehydrated cheese (i.e. Moon Cheese, check it out if you haven’t tried it yet!)
- Roasted chickpeas or roasted edamame (homemade or store-bought)
- Whole grain crackers with natural nut butter (no added sugar)
- Air-popped popcorn with almonds (or other nut/seed of choice)
- Fruit and nut bar (watch for added sugars!)
- Dried fruit and clean jerky (minimally processed, no nitrates/nitrites)
- For suggested brands of some of the above listed snacks and more travel-friendly snack ideas from the store, check out Store-Bought Snacks with Simple Ingredients.
If you have a road trip coming up, check out these additional tips for Eating Healthy on a Road Trip.
What are your favorite on the go snacks?