As some of you might know, I have recently had a baby. This means that everything about my life has changed! Including how I go about making dinner. Currently, I have very limited time to prepare meals on most nights. For a while it was whatever I could make with one hand! She’s now able to entertain herself for a little bit…on most nights.
I’m hoping that as she gets older she can start to help me in the kitchen. My husband is also hoping that she will enjoy yard work! Ha!
Since I am the primary cook in the house, I needed meals that were fast and easy. Enter the rotisserie chicken! The rotisserie chicken has been one of my go-to’s for quick easy meals when I have zero time. Luckily, there are many different things I can easily put together with a rotisserie chicken or with the leftovers.
Many grocery stores now offer rotisserie chickens, so it’s easy to pick one up on the way home, or if you’re at the grocery store already but just getting home too late to cook a full-on meal.
A rotisserie chicken can be tailored to whatever type of meal your family likes too: tacos, soups, salads, burritos, or quesadillas, for example. For many families that whole chicken can provide 2 or maybe even 3 meals!Need a fast and easy meal? Insert the rotisserie chicken! It can be tailored to whatever type of meal you like. #saslife Click To Tweet
Here are 5 ways to make the most of your rotisserie chicken:
- Shred the chicken for quick white chicken chili or add to a simple tortilla soup.
- Make some quick and easy chicken enchiladas.
- Add some black beans, salsa and a few spices for chicken and black bean burritos.
- Make a quick one-skillet meal with shredded chicken, veggies, leftover cooked whole grains and a few herbs and spices.
- And of course a delicious chicken salad (check out the recipe below)!
Chicken Salad with Grapes and Pecans
Recipe Adapted From: Delish.com
Makes 4 Servings
½ cup plain Greek yogurt
1 tsp lemon zest
Juice of 1½ lemons
1 tsp Dijon mustard
Freshly ground black pepper
3 cups shredded chicken (rotisserie!)
1 cup red grapes, quartered
½ cup toasted and chopped pecans
4 green onions, sliced (optional)
- In a large bowl, mix together Greek yogurt, lemon zest and juice, mustard, and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in chicken, grapes, pecans, and green onions and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve over salad greens or as a sandwich or wrap with a whole wheat tortilla or lettuce leaves.