In June 2020, we announced our strategic partnership with Microsoft to help our joint customers address their most critical analytical challenges with SAS® Viya® on Azure. In honor of two years together, we’re highlighting some of our biggest milestones, favorite stories and impressive results.
In June 2020, we announced our extensive technology and go-to-market strategic partnership to help customers accelerate their cloud transformation initiatives. With early adopters like St. Louis-based health system Mercy, we were ready to bring our shared vision to more customers around the world.
SAS and Microsoft partner to further shape the future of analytics and AI
"Working with SAS and Microsoft, we can capitalize on analytics software and the Azure cloud platform to strengthen our ability to harness Real World Evidence for improved outcomes and more informed care”
- Curtis Dudley, Vice President of Data Analytics, Mercy Hospital
A shared vision for a data-led future
We released the latest version of SAS Viya, our cloud-native AI, analytic and data management platform, which is optimized for Microsoft Azure and takes advantage of deep integrations with Azure services. Watch Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella and SAS CEO Jim Goodnight discuss this release and the early success of the partnership in a webcast for SAS Global Forum 2021.
Joint flood prevention solution wins big
In 2021, SAS’ partnership with Microsoft was named to Fast Company’s annual list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies. This early win was recognized in the Joint Ventures category for our Flood Prediction and Preparedness Solution powered by SAS® IoT analytics and Microsoft Azure. The solution helped the Town of Cary in North Carolina collect and analyze sensors, weather and other data to improve flood monitoring and preparedness.
Driving customer innovation
From banking to health care and from Abu Dhabi to North Carolina – organizations everywhere have turned to SAS and Microsoft to improve customer experiences, accelerate transformation and protect citizens.
- S-Bank turned to SAS Viya on Azure to automate key processes, speed up the credit-lending processing time and improve real-time decision-making.
- SAS® Cold Chain Integrity powered by SAS® Analytics for IoT on Azure helped the North Carolina Collaboratory safely and swiftly distribute COVID-19 vaccines, particularly to underserved and rural communities.
- Office supplies retailer Viking transformed its analytics strategy and recently started to integrate SAS Viya on Azure to unlock new analytics use cases and innovation across the organization.
- Inland Revenue New Zealand has digitally transformed using SAS Viya on Azure. This makeover helped the agency boost compliance, save taxpayer money, and improve customer experience.
Staying resilient amid industry disruptions
SAS and Microsoft announced the launch of SAS® Cloud for Intelligent Planning at the National Retail Federation (NRF) 2022 as a part of the roll-out for the Microsoft Cloud for Retail. We also launched SAS for Improved Manufacturing Quality for the Microsoft Cloud for Manufacturing in 2022. Later this year in April, we also announced our work together to build deep technology integrations, making advanced health analytics more accessible to health care and life science organizations.
The collaboration boosts health care interoperability by enabling the use of Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR®) standards and through integration from Azure Health Data Services to SAS® Health on Azure.
More and more integrations!
When it comes to integrating and technological advancements in the partnership, we’ve seen some big leaps!
Learn more about SAS® Viya® on Azure
- New SAS Viya on Azure integrations include SAS Event Stream Processing, Azure IoT Edge and Azure IoT Hub to act on real-time insights.
- SAS Intelligent Decisioning with Power Automate to empower enterprise decisioning.
- SAS Model Manager with Azure Machine Learning to remove barriers organizations face as they put more AI models into production.
There are many more SAS Viya on Azure integrations, which include:
- SAS® for Microsoft 365.
- SAS In-Database Technologies for Azure Synapse Analytics.
Our transformative impact: 204% ROI
A new Total Economic Impact™ (TEI) study conducted by Forrester Consulting and commissioned by Microsoft highlights the benefits, costs and risks associated with an investment in SAS Viya on Azure. Spoiler alert: the findings include a 204% ROI and a 14-month payback period.Read The Total Economic Impact™ of SAS® Viya® on Azure
Microsoft names SAS as a Partner of the Year
Last month, SAS won Microsoft’s Global Independent Software Vendor (ISV) 2022 Partner of the Year Award. This award recognizes the Microsoft globally managed ISV that has demonstrated strong customer focus and success by partnering deeply with Microsoft on a global scale. We are honored to be recognized for our work together that helps organizations find answers to their toughest challenges.
With two years of momentum under our belts and by tapping into SAS’ expansive partner ecosystem, we are primed to help more customers drive cloud innovation in the years ahead.