The role of insurance is to bring some predictability, manageability and stability in what is in essence, a chaotic and uncertain world.
So as we head into 2016, what are the big issues for insurers in the next 12 months?
Below is just a selection of some of these issues:
- Ensuring that customers are at the center of everything an insurers does.
- Developing new, competitively priced products
- Integrating delivery channels, especially digital channels with traditional channels
- Enhancing operational efficiency and effectiveness with analytics
- Maintaining relations with governments and regulators
- Retaining strong capital positions and achieving good investment returns
- Strengthening risk management
- Implementing new technologies
- Understanding the value of big data
- Final countdown to Solvency II for European Insurers
Over the next 12 months the Analytic Insurer blog will discuss these issues and more as technology and analytics transforms the insurance industry.