The 2017 edition of SAS Global Forum, the largest annual SAS user group meeting, will be held at the Swan and Dolphin Resort in Orlando, Florida on April 2-5. Among the many analytic talks at SAS Global Forum 2017, several focus on operations research topics like optimization and simulation. If you're attending SAS Global Forum 2017, please stop by and see us at the Optimization and Simulation demo station in the Quad and be sure to add some of these talks to your personal agenda.
Monday, April 3
- 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM, Dolphin Level 3 - Oceanic 1 (Session 0681) "Using SAS/OR® Software to Optimize the Capacity Expansion Plan of a Robust Oil Products Distribution Network," Dr. Shahrzad Azizzadeh, SAS
- 1:00 PM - 1:30 PM, Dolphin Level 3 - Oceanic 1 (Session 1387) "Increasing Revenue in Only Four Months with SAS® Real-Time Decision Manager," Alvaro Velasquez, Telefonica
- 2:30 PM - 3:00 PM, Dolphin Level 1 - The Quad - Lower - Super Demo Station 9 (Super Demo SD921) "Optimization and SAS® Viya™," Manoj Chari, SAS
- 3:30 PM - 4:00 PM, Dolphin Level 5 - The Quad - Upper - Theater 2 (Session 1055) "Using the CLP Procedure to Solve the Agent-District Assignment Problem," Stephen Sloan, Kevin Gillette, Accenture
- 4:00 PM - 4:30 PM, Dolphin Level 3 - Oceanic 1 (Session 0514) "Automated Hyperparameter Tuning for Effective Machine Learning," Patrick Koch, Brett Wujek, Oleg Golovidov, Steven Gardner, SAS
Tuesday, April 4
- 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM, Dolphin Level 3 - Asia 4 (Session 0454) "Change Management: Best Practices for Implementing SAS® Prescriptive Analytics," Scott Shuler, SAS
- 3:30 PM - 4:30 PM, Dolphin Level 3 - Oceanic 3 (Session 0302) "Optimize My Stock Portfolio! A Case Study with Three Different Estimates of Risk," Aric LaBarr, NC State University
- 3:30 PM - 4:30 PM, Dolphin Level 3 - Oceanic 1 (Session 0851) "Optimizing Delivery Routes with SAS® Software," Ben Murphy, Zencos, and Bruce Bedford, Oberweis Dairy Inc.
- 4:00 PM - 4:30 PM, Dolphin Level 1 - The Quad - Lower - Super Demo Station 9 (Super Demo SD909) "New Features in SAS® Simulation Studio," Edward P. Hughes, SAS
- 4:00 PM - 4:30 PM, Dolphin Level 5 - Southern Hemisphere IV (Session 2016) "Optimization and SAS® Viya™," Manoj Chari, SAS
Wednesday, April 5
- 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM, Dolphin Level 3 - Oceanic 2 (Session 1224) "A Moment-Matching Approach for Generating Synthetic Data in SAS®," Brittany M. Bogle, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and Jared C. Erickson, SAS
- 11:30 AM - 12:00 PM, Dolphin Level 3 - Oceanic 1 (Session 0593) "Key Components and Finished Products Inventory Optimization for a Multi-Echelon Assembly System," Sherry Xu, Kansun Xia, Ruonan Qiu, SAS
- 1:00 PM - 1:30 PM, Dolphin Level 3 - Asia 1 (Session 1326) "Price Recommendation Engine for Airbnb," Praneeth Guggilla, Singdha Gutha, and Goutam Chakraborty, Oklahoma State University
That's quite a list! It's great to see so much operations research work being done with SAS, and it's even more encouraging to see so many people talking about their successes with these methods.