Analytics Experience 2016 will be held on Sept. 12-14, 2016 at the Bellagio in Las Vegas, NV. There will be a great number of excellent talks and demonstrations at the conference, covering many aspects of SAS analytics and many practical applications. Several of these sessions deal directly with the use of operations research (OR) methods. In some cases OR is used to analyze and solve problems directly, and in others to assist and improve other forms of analytics.
There are three 45-minute presentations:
- Dr. Chris DeRienzo, Chief Quality Officer, Mission Health: "Using Simulation in Neonatal Intensive Care to Transform Data into Information" (Session 13283, Monday, Sept. 12, 3:30-4:15pm, Monet 3)
- Rob Pratt, Senior Manager, SAS Advanced Analytics R&D: "Using SAS/OR® to Optimize Scheduling and Routing of Service Vehicles" (Session 13424, Monday, Sept. 12, 4:30-5:15pm, Raphael 3)
- Jinxin Yi, Senior Manager, SAS Advanced Analytics R&D: "SAS/OR® for the Optimization of Media Ad Plans" (Session SAS13569, Wednesday, Sept. 14, 11:15am-12:00pm, Raphael 2)
Also on the conference agenda are one 45-minute Demo Theater presentation and two 15-minute Super Demos. These demonstrations will occur at the indicated locations in the Innovation Hub area.
- Dion Gory, SAS Analytics Consultant: "Exploring and Unraveling Social Media Data: An Analytic Framework" (Session 13359, Monday, Sept. 12, 3:30-4:15pm, Demo Theater 3)
- Brett Wujek, SAS Senior Data Scientist: "Autotuning Machine Learning Models in SAS® Viya™" (Session 13454, Tuesday, Sept. 13, 12:30-12:45pm, Super Demo D)
- Jinxin Yi, Senior Manager, SAS Advanced Analytics R&D: "How Optimization Can Improve Transportation for the Boston Public Schools: A SAS and DataKind DataCorps Project" (Session 14120, Tuesday, Sept. 13, 11:00-11:15am, Super Demo A)
If you're planning to attend the conference, be sure to add at least some of these sessions to your personal agenda. You'll be glad you did! If you can't make it to Analytics Experience 2016 in Las Vegas, consider attending the European edition of the conference, to be held on Nov. 7-9, 2016 at the Marriott Park Hotel in Rome, Italy. In a later post we will preview the operations research talks slated for the Rome conference.