Forecasting with SAS®: Special Collection
SAS Press has added to its selection of free downloadable eBooks with the new Forecasting with SAS®: Special Collection.
From the description:
Want to get the most insight out of your data and improve the quality of your forecasts? SAS offers many different solutions to quickly generate reliable forecasts. This special collection includes papers that explore how to monitor and improve forecasts. You will also learn about the latest features of SAS® Forecast Server, SAS® Visual Forecasting, SAS® Econometrics, SAS/ETS®, and SAS® Enterprise Guide® to help you get the most out of your data.
We've assembled eleven recent papers by SAS authors (from R&D, product management, consulting, and marketing), with special emphasis on the increasing role of machine learning methods in forecasting, and using SAS with open source. Table of contents:
- Scalable Cloud-Based Time Series Analysis and Forecasting Using Open-Source Software
By Javier Delgado, Thiago Quirino, and Michael Leonard
- Time Series Feature Extraction
By Michele A. Trovero and Michael J. Leonard
- Writing a Gradient Boosting Model Node for SAS® Visual Forecasting
By Yue Li, Jingrui Xie, and Iman Vasheghani Farahani
- Neural Network–Based Forecasting Strategies in SAS® Viya®
By Steven C. Mills
- Ten Underused Features That Improve Your SAS® Forecast Server Workflow
By Michael Leonard and Evan Anderson
- Using SAS® Forecast Server and the SASEFRED Engine to Enhance Your Forecast
By Catherine LaChapelle
- Regime-Switching Models: Capturing Structural Changes in Time Series
By Xilong Chen and Ji Shen
- Getting More Insight into Your Forecast Errors with the GLMSELECT and QUANTSELECT Procedures
By Gerhard Svolba
- Monitoring Forecast Models Using Control Charts
By Joseph Katz
- Assisted Demand Planning Using Machine Learning for CPG and Retail
By Charlie Chase, Varunraj Valsaraj, Becky Gallagher, and Roger Baldridge
- What Management Must Know About Forecasting
By Michael Gilliland
Experienced SAS forecasting users may find some new ideas to employ, and those unfamiliar with SAS will get a sense of our wide ranging capabilities.
Find more free downloadable eBooks in the Special Collection series at support.sas.com/freesasebooks.
SAS Launches Free AI-Driven Environment to Mine COVID-19 Research
As long as we are on the topic of free, SAS has announced the launch of a new AI-driven environment to mine COVID-19 research.
Sign up for your free access to the COVID-19 Scientific Literature Search & Text Analysis environment.