Do you love integrating data into your classroom? Are you a computer science education enthusiast? Is project-based learning your preferred instructional strategy? Are you passionate about the Global Goals? Then, we want YOU to apply to the 2020 Teacher Institute.
At SAS, our commitment to education isn’t reserved for students alone. We care deeply about supporting educators, and we rely on in-service teachers to shape our initiatives and products. For these reasons, we're excited to host our fifth cohort of educators this summer at SAS headquarters in Cary, NC. Teacher Institute participants will work closely with our team for eight weeks to critically evaluate our current resources, consult on new initiatives, and iterate on their own ideas for the next big resource.
Are you interested in joining us? Great! The Teacher Institute will run June 17-August 7. The application is open and ready for your submission. The deadline for applications is April 3, 2020, at 11:59 pm EST.
Participant Expectations, Outcomes, and Benefits
- Get paid to do what you love--designing, developing, and evaluating educational resources.
- Rise as a leader in innovative classroom strategies by immersing yourself in industry processes (e.g., Agile) directly applicable to project-based learning and the classroom.
- Publish blog posts, conference presentations/proceedings, and white papers.
- Expand your understanding of software development, coding, and EdTech through hands-on training and experience.
- Lead professional development offerings.
- Develop your network through connections with industry partners and other educators.
- Enjoy the "creature comforts" of SAS headquarters during your eight-week tenure on campus. Planned vacation within reason is acceptable.
- Extend your experience by engaging (as available) in follow-up activities throughout the year, including surveys, focus groups, classroom visits, blog posts, etc.
Hurry! The deadline for applications is April 3, 2020, at 11:59 pm EST. Start your application here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to be in Cary to participate in the Teacher Institute?
Yes. All participants are expected to work on SAS campus in Cary, NC, for the eight-week institute (June 17-August 7). Participants are welcome to commute, but travel expenses will not be paid by SAS.
What will a day in the life of a Summer Teacher Institute participant look like?
We hope no two days will look alike. From redesigning and updating current resources (e.g GatherIQ and CodeSnaps) to consulting on new programs and products, participants will be busy putting their classroom experiences and expertise to work with our team.
What are the dates of the Institute?
June 17-August 7
My school doesn't let out until late June (or starts back early August), can I still participate?
No problem. Please note any relevant constraints in the application.
I have a beach week planned, Can I still go on vacation?
Of course! There is a place to note any scheduled vacation in your application.
Any advice for putting together an application?
Sure! Keep your video to 3 minutes or fewer, answer all the questions, and be specific and honest. We want to get to know YOU. We’re not as interested in how talented you are with video editing software.
I submitted my application, now what?
Stay tuned! We expect to have applications reviewed by the end of April. We will be in touch soon via email.
I have a question about my application, can I contact you?
Absolutely. Send us an email: SocialInnovation@sas.com
Please use the comment section or email us with additional questions.