It will be years, perhaps decades, before we fully realize how the Internet of Things (IoT) changed our lives for the better. By then, we won’t be calling it the Internet of Things, or IoT, anymore, and some of us will wax nostalgic as we reflect on the good ol’ analog days.
If we look at where we’re at with IoT today, we’re still in the early stages — and, yes, we still have a long way to go. No one — not a person, company, industry, and/or nation — has cracked this IoT nut, but together, we’re figuring it out.
One lesson we’ve learned so far is that if you’re going to embark on an IoT journey, don’t go it alone. IoT is not a department-level effort; it’s a whole-company effort. And it’s not just your company. Most companies with successful IoT implementations under their belt tout the importance of building out a strong IoT partner ecosystem, including technology vendors, system integrators and consultants.
But don’t take my word for it. Check out the upcoming #SASchat and IoT Slam® Live event below and learn how others are tackling some of the same IoT issues you may be facing. Remember: We’re in this together.
Come #SASchat with us
Join us on June 13 at noon ET (4 p.m. GMT) for #SASchat, an online Twitter conversation, as we explore how the IoT is transforming the way we do business, both professionally and personally. Topics will include:
- How do AI and IoT work together?
- Do companies need to set up an IoT partner ecosystem to be successful?
- Predictive maintenance and asset performance are key IoT drivers. Do you see the IoT moving the needle in new ways?
- Where do you see IoT impacting healthcare?
- How has IoT impacted your life, professionally and/or personally?
SAS at IoT Slam® Live 2018
The second IoT Slam® Live event will be in Raleigh, NC, June 21-22, to further advance the dialogue around the Internet of Things and its impact on cognitive computing, edge computing, artificial intelligence, platforms, big data, analytics and more.
You can catch SAS in action at IoT Slam® Live 2018. Here’s our lineup:
- Oliver Schabenberger, EVP, COO and CTO at SAS, will talk about The Artificial Intelligence of Things in his keynote on Thursday, June 21 at 9:50 a.m. ET.
- Tamara Dull, Director of Emerging Technologies for SAS Best Practices, will lead the keynote panel discussion on The IoT Ecosystem: The Snopes Edition with Han Yang of Cisco and Wayne Irwin of Intel on Thursday, June 21 at 12:05 p.m. ET.
- Jason Mann, VP of IoT at SAS, and Vincent Mihalik, Director of Industrial Internet of Things Strategy at Jacobs, will talk about AI and edge computing in their keynote, You Can Get There From Here: Achieving Real Value with IoT Analytics, on Friday, June 22 at 11:30 a.m. ET.
- Mark Wolff, Advisory Industry Consultant at SAS, will talk about the Application of Sensor Based Analysis of Movement for Quantification of Pain and Discomfort in his session on Friday, June 22 at 3:15 p.m. ET.
Can’t join in person? Then register for the free Standard Virtual Pass, which will give you full access to all the broadcast sessions on June 21-22. Either way, you won’t want to miss this one!