The INFORMS 2015 Annual Meeting will be held in Philadelphia November 1-4. More than two dozen SAS staff will participate, and SAS will have three adjacent booths representing SAS/OR (and all of Advanced Analytics), JMP, and the SAS Global Academic Program. SAS is well-represented among the presentations at this meeting, with 16 talks involving SAS authors, presenters, or topics. Here are the scheduled talks. Unless otherwise noted, all authors/presenters are from SAS.
Saturday, Oct. 31
From 3pm to 5:30pm in Room 104B at the Convention Center there will be a pre-conference workshop, "Solving Business Problems with SAS Analytics and OPTMODEL."
Sunday, Nov. 1
- Aurelie Thiele (Lehigh University), "Overview of 'The Richard E. Rosenthal Early Career Connection Program'" (Session SA30)
- David Oury (Bentley University), "The Analytics of Kickstarter" (Session SB05)
- Zhenpeng Miao, Virginia Miori, Yingdao Qu (St. Joseph's University), "Data Mining Techniques Applied to the Study of Canines with Disease" (Session SB34)
- Tom Bohannon, Mike Speed, "SAS Education Practice: Introduction to SAS Text Mining" (Session SC79)
- Xiaodong Yao, Jason Chen, Matt Maxwell, Tugrul Sanli, "Resource Pricing in Hospitality Industry" (Session SD43)
Monday, Nov. 2
- Matthew Windham (NTELX, Inc.), "Geospatial Analysis of Bike Share Data" (Session MA29)
- Mia Stephens, "SAS JMP Division: Interactive and Visual Data Analysis with JMP 12 Pro" (software demo, Session MA79)
- Kathy Lange, "Predictive Modeling at Scale" (Session MB30)
- Polly Mitchell-Guthrie, Randy Bartlett (Blue Sigma Analytics), Esma Gel (Arizona State University), Louise Wehrle (INFORMS), "Extending the Reach of Certification: The New Associate Certified Analytics Professional" (Session MC29)
- Emily Lada, Chris Derienzo (Mission Health System), David Tanaka (Duke University Medical Center), Phillip Meanor, "Using Simulation to Determine a Balance Between Cost and Quality of Care for Critically Ill Infants" (Session MD34)
- Hui Yang (Pennsylvania State University), Liying Cui (Starbucks), Soundar Kumara (Pennsylvania State University), Andrew Kusiak (The University of Iowa), Yan Xu, "Panel Discussion on Big Data Science: Opportunities and Challenges" (Session MD72)
Tuesday, Nov. 3
- Philipp Christophel, Menal Güzelsoy, Amar Narisetty, Imre Pólik, "The SAS MILP Solver: Current Status and Future Developments" (Session TA19)
- Cheyanne Baird, Praveen Lakkaraju, Michael Wallis, "Analyzing and Predicting Threatening Language in #gamergate Tweets" (Session TC05)
- Ed Hughes, Rob Pratt, "SAS: Building and Solving Optimization Models with SAS" (software demo, Session TD79)
Wednesday, Nov. 4
- Xiaodong Yao, "Competitive Rate Information: Use and Misuse in Hospitality Revenue Management" (Session WB29)
If you'll be in Philadelphia for the meeting, please take a look at these talks. I'm sure you'll find many topics that interest you. Also make sure to stop by our booths in the exhibition area. See you there!