Learn more about SAS Certified Specialist: ModelOps and how to prepare
SAS is pleased to announce a new ModelOps certification. Recognizing the growing need in this emerging area, this new credential will help create a standard of knowledge within the area of ModelOps.
Here are the major content areas for the exam:
- Define the ModelOps framework.
- Develop the model proposal.
- Model development and management.
- Model deployment.
- Execute production steps.
View more details about the certification: ModelOps Specialist.
To see a list of topics covered, please hit the “Exam Content Guide” link for full details.
Why it’s important
Nearly every organization today is on a journey of digital transformation, which requires being able to use data and continuously apply real-time insights to drive business decisions. ModelOps is the practice, or methodology, that has emerged to address this challenge. Inspired by the success of DevOps principles, it enables organizations to take models from the laboratory to deployment in production with precision and efficiency by using analytics and applying data science for business decisioning.
91% of candidates reported having an increase in confidence after earning a certification. (Value of IT Certification, Pearson VUE 2021)
Related job roles & industries
ModelOps applies to job roles in many industries. A few examples of job roles that may benefit from using the ModelOps process include Analytics Lead, Validation Officer/Analytics, Application Developer, Database Experts and Model Steward.
The certification is intended for anyone with direct responsibility for model development and deployment, or anyone in a supporting/administrative role. Insurance, Finance and Retail all use ModelOps.
How to prepare
These courses are recommended and may help prepare for the exam:
- ModelOps: Governing AI and Machine Learning Models That Drive Your Business with SAS®.
- Managing Models in SAS® Viya®.
- Exam Prep Resources.
- Free practice exam: under Advanced Analytics
Here is a list of additional resources related to training and exam preparation resources, YouTube videos, and a practice exam.
Info on SAS website:
- ModelOps: How to operationalize the model life cycle: This is a concise introduction to the importance of ModelOps in terms of steps comprising a typical analytic lifecycle.
- Tree-Based Machine Learning Methods in SAS Viya by Sharad Saxena: Learn how to build tree-structured predictive models. Use trees for exploratory data analysis, dimension reduction, and missing value imputation.
- Getting started with ModelOps: A proven approach to deploying analytic models that deliver real business value
- Mastering Model Lifecycle Orchestration: This is an interactive guide for Mastering Model lifecycle orchestration including papers on: Open-Source model management with SAS Model Manager, Simulation of Optimizing Model Retraining, Model Lifecycle automation using REST APIs, The Aftermath What Happens After You Deploy Your Models and Decisions, A Structured Approach to Model Validation, and more.
SAS Blog article series:
- Solving the last mile Posts: This is a series of articles on model validation.
SAS Communities Libraries:
- Creating ModelOps process for Tensorflow model and RedHat OpenShift using SAS Viya: An example of a ModelOps process.
- SAS Tutorial | Deploying and Managing Models in SAS Viya
- SAS Tutorial | How to Deploy Models in SAS
- Introducing ModelOps: How to deploy and manage every type of model By Marinela Profi, SAS
Follow this link to create an account or access your existing account to register: Certification Manager.
For detailed exam topics, hit the "Exam Content Guide" links on each credential's web page. The content guides contain exam sections, objectives, and expanded detail about the important topics.
The Specialist exam is A00-440. There are no pre-requisites for this exam, so anyone who is interested in this credential can register.
You can learn more about these new credentials at the links above. There you will find detailed exam content guides, free sample questions, and free practice exams (yes - free full length practice exams!).
We hope you tackle the recommended training, develop your skills, and register soon to be the first candidates to earn these credentials. Good luck with your preparations!
If you have additional questions, please ask in the comments below.