On the search for some SAS notes, workarounds or sample code? What you may not know is that there are a ton of SAS resources out there providing examples, tips and tricks that are great to have in your tool belt! Many of these resources provide sufficient insight and resolutions without the need for Technical Support assistance… you just have to know where to look!
That’s where I can help. Below, you’ll find a few handy technical resources that are great references, and definitely worth bookmarking if you haven’t already!
First, if you’re looking for guides, documentation, or technical papers, there are a few places you’ll want to visit:
support.sas.com is a good place to start. Here you’ll find system requirements, installation guides, documentation, samples and SAS Notes. Got an error? Paste it in the "Search firstname.lastname@example.org" search box (upper-right corner) to bring up any relevant and related SAS Notes that provide workarounds and explanations.
Seeking industry examples and references? Check out SAS White Papers. You can search papers by business topic, industry or name if you know what you’re looking for. Another great source of information is our SAS Blogs! Look for the latest posts from SAS experts highlighting new techniques, features and updates. You can also subscribe to any SAS blogs that may be of interest to stay up to date on the latest entries.
What’s more, SAS Global Forum Online Proceedings also provides archives of all SAS Global Forum proceedings, a great place to find papers and presentations from past events. Another handy resource for browsing papers on more specific topics and SAS proceedings is Lex Jansen, which searches not only SAS Global Forum, but PharmaSUG, SUGI, SESUG, NESUG, MWSUIG, WUSS, PNWSUG and SCSUG!
If you prefer videos, we’ve got those, too! The best part – they’re all free (though some may require registration or login). Note: Can’t make it to a live event? Most webinars are available on-demand typically within 48 hours:
- SAS Tutorials: Over 200 free “how to” demos and videos.
- Ask The Expert Series: Live events covering a variety of topics. (Psst! New dates are always being added, so be sure to check back frequently for new dates and topics!).
- SAS Talks: Check out the archives, which cover an assortment of SAS topics.
- Webinars: Sort by name, industry, or business topic.
Finally, the SAS YouTube Channel for tutorials, event streams and coverage, and more!
Phew! But we’re not done yet. If you’re still having trouble finding just what you’re looking for, you can always connect with other SAS users and specialists online, via the SAS Support Communities which are monitored by SAS experts, or on Twitter via @SAS_Cares, our customer service focused Twitter handle.
Lastly, I’ll leave you with a few handy technical resources and references on common topics:
- You can search SAS Procedures by product or by name (super handy when you’re looking for information on a particular procedure, or are not sure if you have the necessary software installed).
- On that note, if you’re trying to determine which SAS products you have installed, submit the code: proc product_status; run; via Enterprise Guide or the SAS program editor. Viola!
- Migrating to SAS 9.4 (for those upgrading to 9.4 – P.S. Upgrades are free!)
- And speaking of upgrades, here’s a handy link for Maintenance Releases & Product Upgrades!
- On Moving to 64-bit (& be sure to check out this resource as well!)
- Installation Center (for those getting started!)
And if you find that you do need technical assistance after all, don’t forget that the SAS Technical Support team is available from 9 a.m. until 8 p.m. ET Monday through Friday!