Having recently written my first blog post on the SAS Users Groups blog with the QUEST to Learn SAS article I have become inspired to share more with the SAS community outside of Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.
At our last QUEST (Queensland Users Exploring SAS Technology) local SAS user group meeting I gave a presentation on Learning SAS – Where to start? What is available? How can I network? Who should I know? which can be downloaded from the SAS QUEST webpage. Incidentally, I gave a similar presentation 5 years ago on What to find on support.sas.com which is probably a little out-dated now but still available at the QUEST sascommunity.org page.
After our QUEST meeting I received a question from a user about the links within my presentation. He wanted to know whether they could be combined together on a single SAS Education & Training portal page. I am not sure if he was aware of The SAS Training Post blog, and thought perhaps a blog post containing links to the resources I had in my presentation might also be useful for other SAS users around the world. It would be great to see this list grow and for you to share your favourite/most used resources in the comments area on this page… potentially becoming one of your own valuable SAS bookmark pages on Where to Find What!
Where to start learning?
- SAS 9.3 Intelligence Platform: Overview
- SAS Customer Support: landing pad for lots of resources, including Training and Books.
- Getting the Most Out of support.sas.com: On-Demand Webinar
- SAS 9.3 Syntax Index
- SAS Training videos: Instructor tips
How can I network?
- SAS Communities Discussion Forums - Connect. Collaborate. Share.
- SAS Blogs - connecting you to people, products and ideas from SAS
- sasCommunity.org - collaborative online community for SAS users worldwide
- SAS Social Media Portal - portal to official SAS social and community sites
- SAS User Groups and the SAS Analytics Conference Series - attend in person!
- SAS Professional Network - online community for SAS users, hosted by SAS UK
- Lex Jansen SAS Proceedings - searches SAS papers from past SAS User Group and SAS Global Forum events
- SAS-L - Google group
- Stack Overflow - a programming Q&A site
- Super User - Q&A site for computer enthusiasts
- SAS Academy - Yahoo Group
What else is available? Blogs by SAS users:
- platformadmin.com - blog about SAS Platform Administration topics
- Business Intelligence Notes - providing tips, tricks and other resources to SAS Business Intelligence users
- Zencos - architects of vision and strategy for business intelligence
- NOTE: The blog of RTSL.eu - Development with SAS - SAS and software development best practices, of interest to a wide range of SAS practitioners
- SaaSInct - blogging about all things SAS
- Scorpio Software - written by a team of senior SAS consultants
- Murphy's Blog on SAS and Analytics - from a computational statistician who specializes in the use of SAS in implementation of statistical algorithms
- SAS and R - examples of task replicated in SAS and R
- Charlie Huang's SAS Analysis - talks about SAS, SQL and statistics
- Heuristic Andrew - covers technologies including SAS, R and data mining
- Peter Flom's Statistical Analysis Consulting - by a statistical consultant for doctoral students and researchers
- Chris Swenson's Thoughts from Both Sides of the Brain - thoughts of a creative data analyst
- BrightHeight - by a consulting company with extensive experience in SAS Business Intelligence platform
- Jared Prin's Tasty SAS buzz and other geek stuff - a SAS and web programmer, Internet and tech junkie, computer geek and Linux fanatic
- Jurassic SAS in the BI/EBI World - tips/techniques and advice on integrating traditional SAS tools with the SAS Business Intelligence Suite
- All Analytics - The community for information management, business intelligence and analytics
- Data Mining: Text Mining, Visualization and Social Media - by a technologist interested in AI, NLP, text/data mining, visualization and social media
- Stats With Cats Blog - for when you can't solve life's problems with statistics alone
- Musings From An Outlier: The SAS Users Blog – written by the SAS Canada Communities Manager
- Becomming a SAS Programmer in Pharmaceutical Industry – blog providing tips for the pharmaceutical industry and latest technologies
- SAS Programming for Data Mining Applications – focusing on statistical implementations using Base SAS and SAS/STAT
- eClinical Trends - sponsored by Clinovo; focused on trends, technologies and best practices to streamline clinical trials
- Ken’s SAS tricks - by a biostatistician and Associate Professor at Harvard Medical School
- NESUG - official blog from the NorthEast SAS Users Group
- Numbermonger - a blog about numbers, written by Jared Monger, CPA, CGMA
- sassygrrrl – tips and SAS code snippets
- StudySAS Blog - chock full of SAS tips, sample code, tutorials, SAS program examples, FAQ's and more
- Freakalytics - books, ebooks, reference cards, apps
- AFHood Group Blog - focus on marketing analytics
- Avocet Solutions - from the author of The Little SAS Book(s)
- SAS from Out in Left Field - how to use SAS with Microsoft technologies
- From a Logical Point of View - by a SAS programmer in the life sciences industry
- Business. Statistics. Technology. by a Professor of Data Analytics from Indian School of Business
- SAS on UNIX - how to use SAS on the UNIX operating system
- Philihp - SAS programmer with solutions to obscure technical problems
- Data Steps – programming with the SAS System
- PROC-X - an online (unofficial) SAS journal, formerly sas-x.com
- Technoleros - observations from hacking around with all kinds of hardware and software
- TechnologyTales - various musing about the world of computing and digital technology
- Atom Insight – providing insights to data analysis
What resources can you add to the list? Please share in the comments section below!