Where to find what? A guide to SAS resources

Having recently written my first blog post on the SAS Users Groups blog with the QUEST to Learn SAS article I have become inspired to share more with the SAS community outside of Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.

At our last QUEST (Queensland Users Exploring SAS Technology) local SAS user group meeting I gave a presentation on Learning SAS – Where to start? What is available? How can I network? Who should I know? which can be downloaded from the SAS QUEST webpage. Incidentally, I gave a similar presentation 5 years ago on What to find on support.sas.com which is probably a little out-dated now but still available at the QUEST sascommunity.org page.

After our QUEST meeting I received a question from a user about the links within my presentation. He wanted to know whether they could be combined together on a single SAS Education & Training portal page. I am not sure if he was aware of The SAS Training Post blog, and thought perhaps a blog post containing links to the resources I had in my presentation might also be useful for other SAS users around the world. It would be great to see this list grow and for you to share your favourite/most used resources in the comments area on this page… potentially becoming one of your own valuable SAS bookmark pages on Where to Find What!

Where to start learning?

How can I network?

What else is available? Blogs by SAS users:

(Perhaps use a RSS reader such as Google Reader to keep up to date and/or download Chris Hemedinger’s Google Bundle.)

What resources can you add to the list? Please share in the comments section below!

tags: how to learn sas

1. Posted June 27, 2012 at 5:45 pm | Permalink

I am going to bookmark this blog page. It, indeed, has all the necessary SAS links one could possibly want :)

2. James
    Posted June 27, 2012 at 10:03 pm | Permalink

What an amazing list of SAS resources brought together...thanks for sharing Michelle

3. Posted June 27, 2012 at 10:44 pm | Permalink

ON the Support.sas.com site we have a good page: http://support.sas.com/community/rss/.

In particular Tech Support have 2 lists (also available as RSS feeds)

SNOTES-L
    SAS Institute Technical Support uses SNOTES-L to distribute information about the availability of SAS Notes on the Customer Support Center Web site. This is a high volume listserv which sends mail on a daily basis with information about new and/or revised SAS Notes.

TSNEWS-L
    TSNEWS-L is a means for SAS Technical Support to distribute technical information to customers. Information distributed on TSNEWS-L includes problem correction notifications, announcements about Institute hours/closings, and information on existing and new maintenance levels.

TSNEWS-L is highly recommended for all SAS Administrators.

4. Posted June 28, 2012 at 10:51 am | Permalink

Awesome post. I'm asked this question a lot - now I can just refer the new user to this post.

5. Waynette Tubbs Waynette Tubbs
    Posted June 28, 2012 at 5:02 pm | Permalink

What a fantastic compilation of resources! You would not believe how often I'm asked for just such a list, and mine is not this comprehensive - UNTIL now! Thank you so much Michelle!

6. siva mekala
    Posted July 2, 2012 at 11:56 am | Permalink

Superb compilation.

7. Chris Derrick
    Posted July 4, 2012 at 4:27 am | Permalink

Great collection of resources. Under the network section I would add LinkedIn which has several useful SAS related forums. Or is it here and I just missed it amongst all the other listings?

8. Posted July 6, 2012 at 3:09 pm | Permalink

Thanks for your suggestion about LinkedIn Chris. I did mention LinkedIn in my QUEST presentation but don't have a link for it here. For those interested there are many SAS related groups you can join at http://www.linkedin.com in many specialty areas (including some SAS user groups). Also it is a great way to keep in contact with people by 'connecting' to them. If you don't have a LinkedIn account, then sign up and get networking...

Thanks everyone for providing your comments and suggestions. It's great to know that this is useful to other SAS users.

Cheers,
    Michelle

9. Posted August 10, 2012 at 6:41 pm | Permalink

Thanks Michelle for sharing this information!

10. Posted August 11, 2012 at 7:17 pm | Permalink

Unquestionably believe that that you stated. Your favourite reason appeared to be at
    the internet the easiest factor to keep in mind of. I say to you, I definitely get irked whilst other folks
    consider worries that they just do not recognise about. You managed to hit the nail upon the highest as
    smartly as defined out the entire thing without having side effect ,
    other people can take a signal. Will likely be
    again to get more. Thank you

11. Partha Sinha
    Posted September 6, 2012 at 7:42 am | Permalink

Awesome collection of SAS links !!

12. Deepak Rai
    Posted September 12, 2012 at 2:53 pm | Permalink

It was really helpful. A complete online resource for Beginner level to Advance level SAS user. Thanks for sharing.

13. Ram Narayan
    Posted April 16, 2013 at 7:58 pm | Permalink

Thanks Michelle for sharing this great collection of SAS resources. It would really be an asset to grow more on SAS. Thanks heaps.

14. Posted June 12, 2014 at 8:42 pm | Permalink

I noticed the SAS Tutorials and Online videos link has changed... This link is a great resource for SAS users - http://support.sas.com/training/tutorial/

One Trackback

1. [...] places to find great information about using SAS.  Michelle Homes has blogged about some of those great SAS resources on The Training Post blog. Check it out and then bookmark it! tags: clinical analysis, Friday's Innovation Inspiration, [...]