In a comment on last week’s blog asking SAS administrators: please submit your paper idea for SAS Global Forum 2015, Andrew Howell of ANJ Solutions asked if I had any statistics on which were the most popular SAS administrator papers for last year’s conference. He suggested the following nominations although he was “only able to attend about half of these presentations—there was just so much to see!”
I don’t have any readily available statistics on downloads for these papers, and, like Andrew, I wasn’t able to attend all of the excellent SAS Administrators sessions at SAS Global Forum 2014. But based on my own observations and feedback from others who were able to attend, here’s my very subjective ranking of Andrew’s list!
- Effective Usage of SAS Enterprise Guide in a SAS 9.4 Grid Manager Environment, Edoardo Riva, SAS
- SAS Grid – What They Didn’t Tell You, Manuel Nitschinger, sIT Solutions and Phillip Manschek, SAS
- Best Practices for Implementing High Availability for SAS 9.4, Cheryl Doninger, Zhiyong Li and Brian Wolfe, SAS
- SAS Installations: So You Want To Install SAS?, Rafi Sheikh, Analytics International
- Top 10 Resources Every SAS Administrator Should Know About, Margaret Crevar and Tony Brown, SAS
- SAS Grid Manager I/O: Optimizing SAS Application Data Availability for the Grid, Gregg Rohaly and Harry Seifert, IBM
- Test for Success: Automated Testing of SAS Metadata Security Implementations, Paul Homes, Metacoda
- Integrating Your Corporate Scheduler with Platform Suite for SAS® or SAS® Grid Manager, Paul Northrop, SAS Australia
Last year’s conference was a great opportunity for “seeing SAS Administrators in their natural habitat”. Many of these sessions were standing room only. Please submit your paper idea and let’s plan for another great year for administrators!