Certification is always a hot topic on our social media channels. Our SAS Certification community site has a lot of advice for candidates preparing for our most popular exam, the SAS Certified Specialist: Base Programming Using SAS 9.4 certification. Here's a summary of the top recommendations to help you prepare for the exam.
- Review the exam content. Focus your studying on the sections you are least familiar with.
- Master the sample questions and practice exam. Both are currently available for free. For the answers you get wrong, make sure you go back and fully understand why.
- Use the SAS Certification Prep Guide to lead your studies.
- Review the Tips & Strategies article and the exam prep video.
- Be confident. Improve your knowledge with training, reading, experience or a combination of all three until you feel confident enough to take the exam. (SAS Programming 1: Essentials and SAS Programming 2: Data Manipulation Techniques are the recommended training courses.)
- Review our on-demand webinars, hosted by SAS experts:
- SAS® Certification: An Overview of the Base Programming and the Advanced Programming Professional Exams
- How to Prepare for the SAS® Programming Specialist Exam
Do you have any additional advice to add to the list? Leave us a comment below. Also, if you are not sure which SAS programming credential is right for you, use our comparison chart to help guide you.
(Editor's note: This post, originally published in 2013, was updated in April 2020 to include information on Base Programming Specialist Certification and other new resources.)