We all strive to be the best in our field. I’m always looking for unique and fun ways to engage people through our social media channels at SAS. But what does it take to grow in the field of analytics? I reached out to the speakers and sponsors of the Analytics 2012 Conference and asked them to share some of their wisdom.
- Proactively find the problems to solutions that add the most value to business.
- Know how to convey analytics in business terms and business impact. Show the decision makers how to think about the problem.
- Learn from the experts and then add your own personality to the equation.
- Know your customer because we all have them (internally, externally, or both).
- Acquire new skills, stay up to date on trends and focus on how you package the analytics to be in a better position to influence key stakeholders and senior leadership.
- Understand how to use analytics to solve business problems and how to communicate that to non-analysts.
- Don’t go after a high salary over a job that will give you a variety of tools and experiences. Always remember that every job you take must give you skills to take with you to your next job.
- Learn as much as you can about any area of analytics that interests you.
- Get your hands dirty with coding to be more successful as an analytics professional in the Big Data world.
- Make sure you are active in some of the LinkedIn Groups and some of the analytics conferences for networking and learning opportunities.
And with that, I’ll remind you that the Analytics 2012 Conference is a great place to network with other professionals and also pick up some great tips to help you in the ever-changing field of analytics.