Certification is always a hot topic on our social media channels. A popular, ongoing discussion in our LinkedIn group focuses on advice for candidates preparing for the SAS Certified Base Programmer exam. Here’s a summary of the top recommendations to help you prepare for the exam.
- Review the exam content. Focus your studying on the sections you are least familiar with.
- Master the sample questions and practice exam. For the answers you get wrong, make sure you go back and fully understand why.
- Use the SAS Certification Prep Guide to lead your studies.
- Learning SAS By Example: A Programmer’s Guide is also a highly recommended book among credential holders to help you prepare.
- Be confident. Improve your knowledge with training, reading, experience or a combination of all three until you feel confident enough to take the exam. (SAS Programming 1: Essentials and SAS Programming 2: Data Manipulation Techniques are the recommended training courses.)
- Practice makes perfect. The amount of time you need to prepare greatly depends upon how much you use SAS on a regular basis. More SAS experience = less exam preparation time.
Do you have any additional advice to add to the list? Leave us a comment below.