Savannah plays host to the 23rd annual SouthEast SAS Users Group (SESUG) conference from Sept. 27 to Sept. 29. Over 300 attendees are expected to gather in this historic city. If you’re planning to attend, I’ve selected a few special features that I hope will help both new and returning attendees make the most of their conference experience. If you can't make it to this year's event, proceedings will be published online shortly after the conference. And, you can always search the entire archive of SESUG Proceedings (from 1999 to 2014) for the awesome talks presented at past conferences.
So let's jump right in. Not to miss happenings at SESUG this year include:
- Pre- and post-conference workshops –Taught by nationally known instructors, these 4-hour workshops offer exceptional in-depth training. Eight different topics are offered (Saturday, Sunday and Wednesday) for those that want to enhance their conference experience with additional education. Registration is available on-site.
- A cool mobile app – Available for both the Android and iPhone mobile devices and the web. You can access all versions now, create your own unique profile, and start connecting with fellow attendees.
- Two incredible keynote speakers – Sunday’s opening session begins at 5:45 pm, where we’ll hear Ron Cody’s keynote: “SAS from Punch Cards to the Present." Then on Tuesday during lunch, we’ll hear from Kirk Paul Lafler as he presents his keynote: “Left-Brain, Right-Brain: Become SAS Smart.”
- Over 150 presentations – from your peers and SAS experts! SESUG covers a wide range of topics in the following presentation sections: Applications Development, Banking and Finance, Building Blocks, Code Doctors, Coders Corner, Hands-on Workshops, Pharma and Health Care, Planning, Support and Administration, Posters, Pre-Conference Workshops, Reporting and Information Visualization/JMP®, Statistics and Data Analysis.
- Birds-of-a-Feather breakfasts and collaboration café – perfect for networking!
- Code doctors –Have code that doesn’t work, or macros that give you strange error messages? Time to see the doctors on call! Here you can get one-on-one help from SAS experts who will do their very best to fix your problem code!
- Eight hands-on workshops – During these two-hour sessions the instructor will demonstrate code and procedures in real time, allowing you to learn and code SAS concurrently!
- SAS at SESUG – You can easily find us in the SESUG Exhibit Hall. Come connect with SAS presenters and resources; learn how SAS Training and Certification and SAS Books can boost your SAS skills; and find out how our Technical Support and Consulting groups can support each and every SAS user.
As if these fabulous features at SESUG weren’t enough, the Hyatt Regency Savannah is the host hotel, offering lots of southern hospitality. SESUG 2015 conference chairs William E. Benjamin Jr. (Academic Chair) and Venita DePuy (Operations Chair) will be welcoming hundreds of SAS users to this beautiful riverfront setting. I’ll see you in Savannah very soon!