We live in a world of acronyms, or rather TLAs, and SAS user group names are renowned for them. Last week I received a comment about one of the Australian user group names, and it got me thinking how did these names come about? What is their history? and to share the SAS ANZ groups with the wider SAS community (now that SANZOC is a public group).
In Australia there are the following groups:
- SNUG - SAS NSW User Group (Sydney, New South Wales)
- SMUG - SAS Melbourne User Group (Melbourne, Victoria)
- QUEST - Queensland Users Exploring SAS Technology (Brisbane, Queensland)
- SAUSAG - SAS Users ACT Group (Canberra, Australian Capital Territory)
- WASUP - Western Australia SAS User Professionals (Perth, Western Australia)
- and in New Zealand there is SUNZ - SAS Users New Zealand
Being a SAS user you probably know about the annual SAS Global Forum (previously SUGI - SAS User Group International), which I've incidentally heard named "GloFo", and many regional and local SAS user groups around the world.
So, what about you... do you have a favourite SAS user group name and do you know a bit of their history? You may be interested to see some background on SAUSAG - Blast from the past... SAUSAG name - other memorabilia?
I look forward to seeing the discussion from SAS users near and far...