The SAS Global Forum 2015 Call for Papers opened the end of last month! I cannot believe it is time to start getting ready for the conference that will be in Dallas, TX on April 26-29, 2015.
As part of the group from SAS who goes to the conference each year to help the attendees with their administration questions, I would like to issue a personal invitation to all the readers of this blog to submit an abstract on SAS administration tips that have made your role as the SAS Administrator at your site easier, or things that you wish you had known before you took over the role of SAS Administrator. These tips can be from setting up your hardware infrastructure to deploying your SAS applications to supporting your SAS users.
Would it help to know which SAS administration topics have been popular this year? I recently acquired a report of recent SAS Global Forum paper titles that have been downloaded from the proceedings web site more than 100 times during the first half of 2014. These are the top 10 downloads that are on the topic of SAS Administration:
- Guidelines for Preparing Your Computer Systems for SAS®
- Tips and Techniques for Deploying SAS® in an Application Virtualization Environment
- Top Ten SAS® Performance Tuning Techniques
- Single Sign-On Configuration and Troubleshooting for SAS® 9.2 Enterprise BI Web Applications
- How to Choose the Best Shared File System For Your Distributed SAS® Deployment
- Simple Version Control of SAS Programs and SAS Data Sets
- Kerberos and SAS® 9.4: A Three-Headed Solution for Authentication
- Benchmarking SAS® I/O: Verifying I/O Performance Using fio
- Monitoring 101: New Features in SAS® 9.4 for Monitoring Your SAS® Intelligence Platform
- Schedule Your SAS® Jobs and Go with the Flow: Maximize the Use of SAS with the Platform Suite
Please note that if you are unable to submit an abstract, please plan to attend the conference as there will be an emphasis on SAS Administration at it. Stay tuned for more details on the new SAS Administration features at the conference from Greg Nelson.