My family always travels over the winter holiday so I spend lots of time planning to be away. My desk is littered with lists and notes. Things to do now. Things I mustn’t forget for next year. Special events and dates. Holiday schedules. Important bits of information to share with co-workers.
If you’re wrapping up your holiday plans, you’ll want to make a note of the SAS Technical Support modified operations schedule during the holidays. Be sure to share with coworkers.
2013 holiday hours
The US-based SAS Technical Support Division and Customer Service Department switches to a modified operations schedule from Dec 24 to Jan 2. Offices outside the US will operate according to local SAS Office schedules and holiday policies.
Normal US business operations will be suspended starting 8:00 p.m. ET, Tuesday, Dec. 24 through Wed Dec. 25. Limited operations will resume on the following days with a smaller number of Technical Support Consultants available:
- Thu, Dec 26, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. ET
- Fri, Dec 27, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. ET
- Mon, Dec 30, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. ET
- Tue, Dec 31, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. ET
Operations are also suspended for Wed, Jan 1, 2014. Normal operations resume on Thu, Jan 2 at 9 a.m. ET.
Requesting support during the holidays
SAS Technical Support consultants will monitor and respond to:
- Web form submissions from: http://support.sas.com/ctx/supportform/createForm
- Phone voice mail messages called in to the Cary office 919-677-8008.
- Email requests sent via email@example.com.
During this time, critical problems will be handled as usual and in accordance with Technical Support policies. On these days, critical issues will take priority over non-critical issues.
What to do before calling or emailing?
Try these links on the support.sas.com site or submit a question to one of the relevant online SAS Support Communities. online communities. You may find a solution has already been found and published.
- Go to our Knowledge Base
- Engage your on-site SAS support personnel
- Download files and hot fixes
- Manage your accounts
- Get assistance with license issues
- Visit Communities.sas.com to converse with SAS users
- Subscribe to
What to include your request
Recently, Technical Support Consultant Pam Schlitz offered SAS users four things to remember when opening a track with SAS Technical Support. Following her suggested practices will speed the resolution of your problem—no matter what the season!
- Always describe your environment.
- Be as detailed as possible when you describe your concern.
- Attach supporting documentation.
- Describe any steps that you have taken to solve the problem yourself.