By show of hands, I’d like to know what you consider to be the most exciting day of SAS Global Forum
Sunday – Wonderful laid back day. Everything kicks off when the SAS Support and Demo Area opens (Yes, that's right. The SAS Support and Demo Area will be open on Sunday this year.) Then, I'm off to Opening Session.
Monday – The Technology Connection and Keynote presentation provide a good start to the day, and the Mixer a nice ending.
Tuesday – The whole day is dedicated to attending presentations with a trip to the SAS Support and Demo Area mixed in ending with a great party in the evening
Wednesday – I might squeeze in a paper or two before the Closing Session, if I’m not too tired.
Uh, wait a minute … what was that last one again? It’s no secret that the average presentation attendance on Wednesdays is lower than the other days of the conference. But, if you decide to move at half-speed on Wednesday at SAS Global Forum 2012, you’re going to miss a lot!
Open your Agenda Builder and start filling in these spaces:
- The Statistics session will conclude with a keynote from Dr. Sharon Lohr titled "Using SAS® for the Design, Analysis, and Visualization of Complex Surveys."
- The Hands-On Workshops will offer a couple of encore presentations from earlier in the conference, in addition to more first-run presentations.
- There will be presentations from a special mix of known SAS experts and newly discovered talent, including a final Coder's Corner, Code Doctors and SAS Interacts, a new series of round tables.
- The traditional Closing Session will be streamlined. And, we’ll be adding a Closing keynote from Chris Hemedinger. (Yes, we’ll still be awarding door prizes, and you must be present to win!)
- The SAS Support and Demo Area … well, there're going to be so many changes and special things going on that last morning that we’re actually going to RENAME the room for the Wednesday session! Check out more details around SAS Backstage on the SAS Global Forum website!
I suspect that if I ask this same question again after SAS Global Forum 2012, there are going to be a lot more hands raised to say that Wednesday is the most exciting day of the conference!
See you at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort from April 22 - 25.