The numbers are in and SAS Global Forum 2009 had strong attendance with 3,353 attendees.
What do we know about the SAS professionals who gathered in Washington, DC, this week?
• 25 percent of attendees traveled here from outside the United States.
• The top 10 countries represented were: Canada, Denmark, Sweden, the Netherlands, Norway, the UK, Belgium, Brazil, Finland and Germany.
• 29 percent of attendees are first-timers at the conference.
• The top three industries represented are government with 19 percent of attendees; education with 8 percent; and consulting systems and integration with 7 percent.
• Rounding out the top 10 industries are: pharmaceutical; financial services; insurance; banking and depository; computer software and peripherals; retail; and life sciences.