~Contributed by Lori Griffin, Conference Chair~
Despite tight travel budgets, more than 3,200 people are registered for SAS Global Forum 2009 -- and 25 percent are from outside the US.
Why do SAS users make this conference a priority, travelling hundreds, sometimes thousands of miles to attend? Because for 34 years, SAS Global Forum (once known as SUGI) has been SAS users’ premier source for new ideas, techniques and invaluable networking. You’re now part of that tradition – and I want to help you make the most of it. Here are some of today’s highlights to get you started:
• Technology Connection – At 8 a.m. in the Potomac Ballroom, you’ll get the inside scoop from SAS R&D on what’s new, what’s coming and techniques for getting the most out of your SAS software. You’ll also hear the results of the SASware Ballot®.
• Dave Barry keynote – Immediately following the Tech Connection presentation, humor columnist Dave Barry will take the stage, so keep your seat, sit back and enjoy.
• SAS Demo Area – Opening at 10 a.m. Monday morning, the SAS Demo Area is where you’ll find the SAS Resource Center, Alliance Café, sponsor booths and SAS software booths.
• Hands-on workshops – Visit Prince George Level, Exhibit Hall B for workshops taught by expert SAS users. You’ll have access to a PC so that you can practice as you learn.
• Poster Q&A – Stop by Prince George Level, Exhibit Hall C-D from 2 – 3:30 p.m. today to talk to presenters about their posters. The posters are in the SAS Demo Area throughout the conference, but today is your only chance to meet presenters and ask them about their work.
• Mixer hosted by SAS – After your full day of papers and presentations, head over to the Demo Area to enjoy food, drinks and entertainment - compliments of SAS. The party lasts from 6 – 7:30 p.m.
If you’re up for a night out, check out the Broadway concert, Phantom of the Opera tonight at 8:30 p.m. on the Convention Center Level, Maryland A. All proceeds benefit the Book Drive. Tickets are $35 and are available at the Book Drive table in the Registration Area.
Have a great day!