The final figures are in! This year there was a fierce battle for the top spot of the SAS Global Forum 2018 books bestseller list.
In a nail biting finish, established SAS author, Gerhard Svolba’s, Applying Data Science: Business Case Studies Using SAS®, narrowly beat off Bill Benjamin’s latest, Exchanging Data From SAS® to Excel: The ODS Excel Destination, and the classic, SAS® Certification Prep Guide: Base Programming for SAS®9, Fourth Edition. On site sales showed a level setting for the top two but the off-site orders, using the special conference discount code, came pouring in and tipped the balance for third place, knocking Mark Jordan’s Mastering the SAS® DS2 Procedure: Advanced Data-Wrangling Techniques, Second Edition, off the podium to a solid fourth place.
The top ten list as follows:
1. Applying Data Science: Business Case Studies Using SAS®
2. Exchanging Data From SAS® to Excel: The ODS Excel Destination
3. SAS® Certification Prep Guide: Base Programming for SAS®9, Fourth Edition
4. Mastering the SAS® DS2 Procedure: Advanced Data-Wrangling Techniques, Second Edition
5. The Analytics Lifecycle Toolkit: A Practical Guide for an Effective Analytics Capability
6. Practical and Efficient SAS® Programming: The Insider's Guide
7. An Introduction to SAS(R) Visual Analytics: How to Explore Numbers, Design Reports, and Gain Insight into Your Data
8. Carpenter's Complete Guide to the SAS(R) Macro Language, Third Edition
9. Big Data Analytics with SAS: Get actionable insights from your Big Data using the power of SAS
10. The SAS® Programmer's PROC REPORT Handbook: ODS Companion
Congratulations, Gerhard! A great book that illustrates the benefits of analytics, how to gain more insight into your data, and how to make better decisions. In eight entertaining and real-world case studies, Gerhard combines data science and advanced analytics with business questions, illustrating them with data and SAS code.
And thank you all who visited the SAS Press booth in Denver to discuss book ideas, ask questions, and buy books! It was lovely to meet you all!
If you would like to learn more about new SAS books as they are published, sign up for our SAS Books Newsletter. The newsletter is the best way to stay up-to-date on our latest titles and learn more about special offers and discounts.