The final figures are in! This year there was a fierce battle for the top spot of the SAS Global Forum 2015 books bestseller list.
In a nail biting finish, newcomer, Exchanging Data between SAS and Microsoft Excel: Tips and Techniques to Transfer and Manage Data More Efficiently, beat off the all-time classic, The Little SAS Book: A Primer, Fifth Edition, and Art Carpenter’s latest, Carpenter's Guide to Innovative SAS Techniques. On site sales showed a level setting but the off-site orders, using the special conference discount code, came pouring in and tipped the balance heavily in favor of Bill Benjamin’s Exchanging Data title.
The top ten list is as follows:
- Exchanging Data between SAS and Microsoft Excel: Tips and Techniques to Transfer and Manage Data More Efficiently
- The Little SAS(R) Book: A Primer, Fifth Edition, Susan Slaughter
- Carpenter's Guide to Innovative SAS Techniques
- SAS Hash Object Programming Made Easy
- Predictive Modeling with SAS Enterprise Miner: Practical Solutions for Business Applications, Second Edition
- Developing Credit Risk Models Using SAS Enterprise Miner and SAS/STAT: Theory and Applications
- SAS Certification Prep Guide: Base Programming for SAS 9, Third Edition
- Introduction to Regular Expressions in SAS
- SAS Macro Programming Made Easy, Third Edition
- SAS Certification Prep Guide: Advanced Programming for SAS 9, Fourth Edition
Congratulations, Bill! A great book about a great topic and a very handy tool to help import Excel files into SAS. It was also a hot seller at this month’s PharmaSug conference in Orlando, and with the Joint Statistics Meeting coming up in Seattle – could be heading for a hat trick!
And thank you all who visited the SAS Press booth in Dallas to discuss book ideas, ask questions, and buy books! It was lovely to meet you all!