In the past, I’ve contributed to this blog with posts about the use of analytics and statistics in the education industry. I haven’t written in a while because I’ve been transitioning to a new role as the product marketing manager for statistics. I’ll give you three reasons why I’m excited about this new role:
- Statistics and SAS are synonymous.
- I am eager to leverage my background in statistics.
- 2013 is the International Year of Statistics.
Did you catch that last one? Or have you already heard about the International Year of Statistics? How are you celebrating? SAS, of course, has a ton of things going on to celebrate. Here are some of my favorites:
- The SAS loves stats blog post series featuring SAS statisticians and a second series,
- Numerous conference papers on Statistics and Data Analysis from the recent SAS Global Forum.
- Video interviews with statisticians, Tyler Smith of National University and Jennifer Waller of Georgia Regents University about how they use statistics and why it is important.
- New announcements about SAS High-Performance Analytics, which will include SAS® High-Performance Statistics, coming in June with SAS. 9.4.
- A cool story about a day in the Life of a SAS/STAT developer.
- A video that shows how Statistics improves human welfare and shapes our world.
- A video contest from the International Year of Statistics contest committee. Check out the winners.
Of course, it’s only May, so I’m sure this is just the beginning. There will be a lot more exciting things to share around Statistics as the year goes on. So, be on the lookout for more posts from me on the subject.