Contributed by Debbi Scheufler and Kelley Weston MWSUG 2011 Conference Chairs ~
MWSUG 2011 planning is coming together quite nicely. We have a great line-up of formal and informal presentations and discussions, posters, workshops and social activities planned for Sunday through Tuesday, September 25 – 27. There should be something for every SAS user, whether you are new to the world of SAS or have been using it since SAS's inception and whether this is your first or your 22nd MWSUG.
MWSUG is a great place to pick up new ways of solving problems, tips and tricks, and advancements in SAS that you may not have known prior to the conference. There are many opportunities to brush up your SAS skills as well as many social activities to fulfill all of your networking needs.
Sunday will start out with an opening ceremony accompanied by wonderful food, a keynote speaker, and a reception/mixer. There are pre-conference training courses available Friday, Saturday and Sunday, as well as post conference training on Wednesday where you can learn new SAS skills from various SAS experts. The Monday night activity will consist of a trip to the Boulevard Brewing Co. with food from Jack Stack, the premier caterer for barbecue.
Presentations and activities from Sunday through Tuesday are open to all registered attendees at no extra cost and include:
- First Timers Session - This session is on Sunday to provide a great start for those who have never been to MWSUG or those who haven't been for quite a while. First Timers Session will help you get oriented to what is happening during the conference and show you how to get the most benefit from your two day whirlwind.
- A Demo Area will be open Sunday afternoon, all day Monday and Tuesday morning.
- Opening Session will include dinner and a keynote address by Rick Langston of SAS.
- Breakout presentations; posters and workshops; Code Clinic; Demo Area and Vendor Displays; and access to SAS folks in the Demo Area will happen throughout the conference.
- Join us for lunch on Monday (cost included in your conference fees).
- Closing Session is held at 4 p.m. on Tuesday and will include presentation of speaker awards, many many give aways and announcements about our plans for MWSUG 2012.
There is a lot to enjoy in the Kansas City area, too. There are museums, art galleries and historic sites, as well as a lot of family activities that would be great to see while in the area. If you have restaurant or entertainment recommendations for your fellow MWSUG'ers, please share them here on the Midwest SAS Users Group LinkedIn Group.
In the time of tight budgets, remember:
- You can take advantage of an Early Registration Discount for MWSUG 2011 until August 26, 2011.
- Rooms at the Marriott will be available at a discounted rate if you reserve by September 9th.
- Check out www.MWSUG.org for updates and schedule details as they become available. A detailed schedule of presentations will be available in early September.
See you in Kansas City in September!