It’s that time of year again, where I make my plans to head to SAS Global Forum. This year, the meeting is in San Francisco and, since I love this city, it makes me more excited than ever to meet with SAS friends.
This user conference is planned and organized by SAS users, led by the SAS Global Users Group Executive Board, of which I am a member. Most of the Board members are previous chairs of the conference, and all of us are passionate about making this conference the greatest gathering of SAS users anywhere in the world. The Executive Board gets a lot of help with logistics from SAS. In fact, they would tell you that they couldn’t have this conference without the company’s help. Kudos to everyone who has helped to put this conference together.
Here are some of the things you can learn about if you visit the Publications folks in the demo area:
- how to get started quickly with the new SAS Visual Analytics
- what’s new in SAS 9.4 and who should plan to migrate to it
- enhancements to the SAS Programmer’s Bookshelf
- several additions to the SAS Press library
- our first eBook with embedded video examples
- information on how to publish with SAS
- how to use SAS Training points to purchase books
- how international users can order books
- and much, much more.
Of course, that’s just Publications stuff. Imagine the opportunities when you add R&D, Education, Technical Support, and the rest of SAS! If you are going to be there, please stop by the Publications booth in the demo area, or catch me at one of the functions. I’d love to meet you or see you again.
If you are unable to come this year, check out the live streaming of the general sessions and some of the invited papers.
And try to come next year if you can. It’s worth every second.