We have recently made a few changes to our training paths on http://support.sas.com/training. I thought that it might be helpful to explain the updated SAS Business Intelligence path.
To help make it easier to find the training you need, the training path has been restructured to organize the courses by BI product category.
We have several training options available whether you’re just getting started, ready for accelerated learning or only need to learn about a specific topic. Different training formats provide flexibility to help you learn in the way that works best for you:
- Getting started courses provide a good introduction for all types of users in a short amount of time.
- Fast Track courses provide comprehensive training in an accelerated format to get users up to speed quickly.
- Application and technology courses provide detailed training on specific topic areas.
Here are a few tips for using the updated training path:
- Within each product category the main courses are listed graphically.
- The SAS Enterprise Business Intelligence training has been grouped into categories. Information Consumer courses are for those people who access dashboards, stored processes, and reports as well as build their own reports and analyses using point-and-click applications. Power User courses are for those people who create dashboards, information maps, stored processes, and reports and analyses that can be accessed by the information consumers.
- We offer two ways to get training for information consumers and power users. You can take the fast track course in a classroom or at your site or you can take three Live Web courses that provide the same instruction over a longer period of time. The Live Web courses also provide a way to get training on a single product or technology if you don’t need to learn everything at once or want a refresher on a specific topic area.
- The blue box around the power user courses indicates that you can take the fast track or the individual Live Web courses to gain the knowledge to help you prepare to take the BI Content Developer certification exam.
- In addition to the courses that are listed graphically for each product category, we also have several advanced and specialty course, a Business Knowledge Series course, and several e-Learning courses listed at the bottom of the page.
- When you select a course you will see more details about that course including tabs for the general information, prerequisites, and the course outline. The course schedule at the bottom of the page enables you to find the right dates and location for your schedule and add it to your shopping cart.
I hope that this helps to explain the updated SAS Business Intelligence path and look forward to seeing you in one of our training courses. If you need any help finding the course that is right for you, please contact one of our Curriculum Consultants at 800-333-7660 or firstname.lastname@example.org.