As many of you know, I write the SAS Tech Report. In that capacity, I have had the great opportunity to meet some very interesting SAS users at our user events and through e-mail, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. It seems that every interesting SAS user has an exciting new way that he or she has used SAS.
Well - this year, I got together with a couple of colleagues and brainstormed a plan to put some of those really crazy, wacky or cool stories on support.sas.com so that everyone can read them.
If you want to tell me about the creative way you are using SAS, get in touch with me. I’m going to be videotaping some of those stories while at NESUG 2010 and SAS Global Forum 2011. I’d also be interested in writing your story or taping a podcast.
Here are a few examples to give you a little idea of what I’ll be looking for:
1. Text analytics: How to capture the online bully
2. Analytics: getting sportier all of the time
3. Running SAS PROCs on your Facebook Friends
4. Using SAS to call Twitter
5. Coat check conspiracy
6. Guess your Wait at the state fair
7. Mining the VP debate results according to Twitter -- with SAS
8. The Perfect Baby Name: One Dad's Quest Using SAS
Don’t let these examples stop you. I’ve heard of many more. One of our user friends is busy developing iPhone apps, another has developed an intranet and others are busy on custom dashboards. So, let me know about the unique ways you use SAS and maybe I'll feature your story in a newsletter, blog or on support.sas.com.