Graphic organizers help students identify the relationships between facts, concepts, or ideas. Using the Element choices under Organizers, Crio authors can add various helpful features to a lesson. Have an idea for an organizer you need but don't see? Let us know!
Current Organizer Types
2-Column: Organize content, demonstrate relationships between concepts and ideas, or record notes.
3-Column: Organize content, demonstrate relationships between concepts and ideas, or record notes.
Input-Output: Identify and demonstrate the relationship for a rule or function.
Features available for all organizers
- Swap one organizer for another: Need to swap a 2-column organizer for one with 3-columns? As with question elements, use the swap option to make the change. Simply select the new organizer type from the drop-down menu. Note that not all content will be maintained after a swap.
- Number organizers: Authors can number an organizer as well as the question elements contained within.
- Duplicate/copy organizers: If the organizer contains elements, then those elements will also be copied.
- Add student feedback: Feedback can only be entered for the organizer element as a whole, not for each question element.
- Move organizers anywhere on the page, as with other elements.
- Authors can drag all question elements: text, audio, image, video, documents, or Google Drive elements into any empty cell of the organizer.
Features available for some organizers
- Authors can add up to 15 rows.
- Authors can easily delete rows using the trash can.
- Reorder rows: Any elements/content within each cell will remain after reordering.
Functions not currently available in organizers
- Drag multiple elements into one organizer cell.
- Replace an element in an organizer cell by dragging another element into the current one.
- Drag an accordion, a table, or another organizer into the cell of an organizer.
- Place organizers side-by-side in a lesson.
- Add additional columns to a 2- or 3-column organizer.