APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 7, 2019, at 11:59 pm EST.
We at Curriculum Pathways are excited to announce the fourth Teacher Institute (June 19-August 9)! The application is open and ready for your submission. The deadline for applications is April 7, 2019, at 11:59 pm EST.
We always say "in-service teachers are our number-one source for new features and vital to our development process." For these reasons, we are excited to host a cohort of educators this summer at SAS headquarters in Cary, NC. The Teacher Institute participants will work closely with our team for eight weeks to critically evaluate our current resources, consult on new features, and iterate on their own ideas for the next big edtech resource.
Participant Expectations, Outcomes, and Benefits
- Get paid to do what you love--designing, developing, and evaluating edtech resources!
- Rise as a leader in innovative classroom strategies by immersing yourself in industry processes (e.g., Agile) directly applicable to project-based learning and the classroom.
- Receive CEU-eligible online professional development prior to the Teacher Institute.
- Publish blog posts, conference presentations/proceedings, and white papers.
- Expand your understanding of software development, coding, and edtech through hands-on training and experience.
- Lead professional development offerings using our packaged materials.
- Develop your network through connections with industry partners and other educators.
- Enjoy the "creature comforts" of SAS headquarters during your eight-week tenure on campus. Planned vacation within reason is acceptable.
- Extend your experience by engaging (as available) in follow-up activities throughout the year ,including surveys, focus groups, classroom visits, blog posts, etc.
Hurry! The deadline for applications is April 7, 2019, at 11:59 pm EST. Start your application here.
Hear what alumni are saying about the program
- David Balmer
- Alexandra Boyd
- Laura Croyle
- David Kaufmann
- Kortney Nichols
- Jessica Peacock
- Garrett Pedersen
- Michael Robbins
- Sean Russell
- Shannon Russell Hardy
- Ashley Snider
- Amy Wilkinson
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to be in Cary to participate in the Teacher Institute?
Yes. All participants are expected to work on SAS campus in Cary, NC, for the eight-week institute (June 19-August 9). Participants are welcome to commute, but travel expenses will not be paid by SAS.
What will a day in the life of a Summer Teacher Institute participant look like?
We hope no two days will look alike. From redesigning and updating current resources to consulting on new features and products, participants will be busy putting their classroom experiences and expertise to work with our team. Be sure to check out some of the work of previous years’ cohorts.
What are the dates of the Institute?
June 19-August 9
My school doesn't let out until late June (or starts back early August), can I still participate?
No problem. Please note any relevant constraints in the application.
I have a beach week planned, Can I still go on vacation?
Of course! There is a place to note any scheduled vacation in your application.
Any advice for putting together an application?
Sure! Keep your video to 3 minutes or fewer, answer all the questions, and be specific and honest. Read additional tips from our alumni.
I submitted my application, now what?
Stay tuned! We expect to have applications reviewed by the end of April. We will be in touch soon via email.
I have a question about my application, can I contact you?
Absolutely. Send us an email: CurriculumPathways@sas.com.
Please use the comment section or email us with additional questions.
2019 Curriculum Pathways Teacher Institute Application: https://goo.gl/forms/XxRaLtyadIA3yAJl1