We've shared at length our resources for your iPad, but we're happy to announce our new Chromebook apps!
Writing Navigator is a suite of four tools, one for each step in the writing process: planning, drafting, revising, and publishing. Each tool offers numerous instructional features that help students create an effective plan, draft well-constructed sentences and paragraphs, revise their work in thoughtful ways, and prepare their written work for sharing with an audience. The flexibility of Writing Navigator makes it the perfect fit for any classroom: primary grades, secondary, and Advanced Placement courses. We also provide a number of English Language Arts lessons that utilize Writing Navigator for grades 3-12.
Reading Records is a flexible tool designed to support many methods for conducting running records. By utilizing the numerous features of Reading Records, educators can do the following:
- Select passages from our built-in library, which offers more than 75 fiction and nonfiction reading passages at various reading levels. All passages have multiple-choice and open-ended comprehension assessments. Students can also work on their own devices.
- Grade assignments at their own pace and without necessarily being one-on-one with a student. The Reading Records system actually records students as they read aloud, allowing instructors to pause and replay portions of the audio to ensure all reading behaviors are captured.
- Analyze performance using the data-visualization tools that update in real time. Graphs and charts update automatically whenever you grade an assignment or modify students’ reading levels.
- Use the data as a centerpiece for student instruction and parent conferences. The interface not only provides an organized portfolio of the student's work, but also recordings of the student reading aloud.
With the student interface, young readers can do the following:
- Complete assignments using the student-friendly, streamlined design. In fact, the assignment-creation interface lets teachers provide up to three passages from which students can choose a passage that aligns with their individual interests.
- View their results complete with dynamic charts and graphs, a recording of their session, and the marked-up passage.
- Listen to previously read passages to reflect on performance, hear reading behaviors, and perceive changes.
- Monitor and share progress with teachers and parents from anywhere.