Lets’ recap our journey of the previous nine blogs:
- Securing executive sponsorship.
- Identifying and involving stakeholders early and assessing their unique needs.
- Identifying and integrating data sources.
- Managing user expectations proactively.
- Determine the best way to process and deliver each report.
- Design an intuitive, user-friendly interface for accessing reports.
- Collect user feedback continuously and act on it.
- Develop in-house IT expertise.
- Empower users with training.
So, now we have come to the end of the series. Best Practice #10: Publicize the System.
To build your user community, SAS education customers recommend that you “take the show on the road” and set up face-to-face meetings, such as lunch-and-learns. Show people the portal and teach how to use it. Bring up reports and cubes and discuss how they can use them to gain valuable insights and answers to complex questions that were unattainable before. And share success stories about how their colleagues in other departments, schools or classrooms have used reporting and analytics to improve performance and student outcomes.
The goal: to educate and generate excitement about what’s possible so that the entire district or institution can become more data-driven.
With that advice I would like to share some of our education customer successes who made these best practices and tips possible.
- Kennesaw State University
- University of Texas System
- Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools
- Rock Hill School District
- University of Central Florida
- Western Kentucky University
I really hope you enjoyed reading this blog series as it was exciting to do. It was a pleasure to work with our customers to understand their best practices for getting information to their constituents on a daily basis and to glean that knowledge to help other customers. Please read the entire white paper that discusses all these tips for even more information. It's probably the last time I'll share the link on this site, so download it now: 10 Tips from SAS Education customers.