Here at SAS, most of my colleagues know I moonlight as a pub trivia host. I put these questions together to give our family something to do on Christmas day last year while we all digested our food and tried not to fall asleep. Format and points are the same as I use at my gigs.
Christmas Trivia - Round 1
1. Who wrote “Twas the Night Before Christmas”?
Clement C. Moore 50
2. In what country would you find a cross commemorating The Christmas Truce, where British and German soldiers of WWII stopped fighting to celebrate Christmas together?
3. Name two of the three highest grossing Christmas movies of all time, not based on inflation, domestic box office only. (HINT: All released since 1990, one is animated)
Home Alone, The Polar Express, The Grinch Who Stole Christmas 25+25
4. What is the only book of the Bible in which the three wise men are mentioned, saying they came from the East to Jerusalem? Book of Matthew Christmas Trivia - Round 2
1. Based on total domestic album sales, what is the best selling single of all time?
White Christmas 50 PTS
2. Name two of the three wise men.
Balthazar, Melchior, Caspar 25 EACH
3. In the movie “A Christmas Story,” what brand of BB gun did Ralphie want?
Red Ryder 50
4. From 1659-1681, what colonial American city outlawed the celebration of Christmas?
Christmas Trivia - Round 3
1. What two department stores were at the heart of “Miracle on 34th Street”?
Macy’s, Gimbel’s 25 each
2. In 1517, who wrote the 95 Theses in protest of certain Catholic practices?
Martin Luther 50
3. In the holiday TV special Rudolph the Red Nosed reindeer, what singer was the voice for the snowman? Burl Ives 50
4. Adeste Fidelis is the Latin title of what well known Christmas song?
O Come All Ye Faithful 50
Christmas Trivia - Round 4
1. Put these famous men in order by when they were born, earliest first:
Bing Crosby (1903)
Jimmy Stewart (1908)
Perry Como (1912)
Nat King Cole (1919)
25 PTS for each in its correct place + 50 BONUS for all in order
2. What was the first name of the angel who helped George Bailey in “It’s a Wonderful Life? Clarence 50
3. The 12 days of Christmas actually begin on Christmas. What Christian day of reverence is at the end of the 12 days? Epiphany 50
4. According to the authoritative version, what did my true love give to me on days 10, 11 & 12? 10 pipers piping, 11 ladies dancing, 10 lords-a leaping 25 each + 25 BONUS for all 3
Name 10 of the 11 countries with the most Christians.
100 points for each correct answer + 100 BONUS for 10 correct