The SAS Forecasting R&D team has an open position for a Forecasting and Machine Learning Specialist (apply here).
What you’ll do
As a Forecasting and Machine Learning Specialist on the SAS Forecasting R&D team, you will help create innovative software to apply cutting-edge statistical methods to automated enterprise-scale business forecasting processes. You will:
- Work closely in a team-oriented environment with experts in computing and forecasting fields to develop state-of-the-art software for high-performance distributed multitier forecasting.
- Implement advanced analytical algorithms to solve business problems.
- Research computational algorithms.
- Design the software architecture based on product management requirements and present to stakeholders.
- Develop and test services, author user documentation, and file patents.
- Present your work to internal and external customers.
- Present your work at conferences.
- Communicate with other SAS professional staff in Testing, Technical Support, Education, Marketing, and other departments.
What we’re looking for
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
- Ph.D degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Operation Research, Engineering, or a related quantitative field.
- 5+ years work experience in software development and/or academia.
- Ph.D-level knowledge of Statistics and Time Series, Machine Learning, AI, Econometrics, or Operations Research.
The nice to haves
- Experience in commercial software development.
- Forecasting in retail or energy.
- Knowledge of SAS, Python, R, C, or Java.
- Proven skills in programing and designing of software.
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies.
- Experience in Test Driven Development of unit, regression, and integration testing.
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Possess strong technical and non-technical communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Work well independently and as part of a team.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
SAS is able to offer employment visa transfer for this particular role; however, we are not able to offer the initiation of a new employment visa for any candidates at this time. You must have more than 12 months left before expiration on your current employment visa. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.