Analytics 2013 is an industry-leading conference for the latest ideas, research and best practices in the field of Analytics. This year’s program features key note speakers Jim Goodnight, CEO of SAS, Will Hakes, Co-founder and CEO of Link Analytics, Sven Crone, Deputy Director of the Lancaster Centre for Forecasting, and Ed Gaffin, Director of Marketing Analytics and Optimization, The Walt Disney Company.
In addition to the keynotes and the more than 65 breakout sessions, the conference includes two special offerings, the Seventh Annual Analytics and Data Mining Shootout and the Student Poster Contest. The shootout is an opportunity for student and faculty teams to solve a real-world data mining problem. There were 63 teams registered this year who received the problem statement. The top 3 teams will be recognized and the winners announced at the conference.
This year's Poster Section includes 52 posters from industry and academia, 36 of which were judged as part of the student poster contest.
Congratulations to the Analytics 2013 student poster contest winners!
- Ajay Guyyala of Oklahoma State University: “Application of SAS Text Mining to analyze quality defects of materials in a manufacturing Industry.”
- Anuashka Sharma of Oklahoma State University: “Detection of Crime rate dependency across the different locations in US and to determine factors that contribute most to the violent crime incidences.”
- Vahraz Zamani Farahani of North Carolina State University: “On-line Photovoltaic Cells Output Predictor.”
- Carol Frigo of the Research & Development Center at the University of Illinois: “Forecasting Reserve Risk in an Insurance Economic Capital Model.”
- Prakash Giri of Oklahoma State University: “Americas Engagement in Fitness & Outdoor Activities: Sentiment Analysis of Tweets Using SAS Sentiment Analysis Studio 12.1.”
- Debbie Huang of California Polytechnic State University: “Estimating the Impact of Lost to Follow-up on Breast Cancer Patients’ Disease-free Survival.”
Look for these exceptional students and other poster presenters at the conference in October.