For students interested in working in the pharmaceutical or health sciences industries, making connections and gaining insight into these industries can be hard to do from the classroom. Attending the Pharmaceutical Industry SAS Users Group (PharmaSUG) conference is a great way to network with other SAS users and expand your job search.
PharmaSUG will be held May 12-15, 2013 at the Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile. At PharmaSUG, you will learn how organizations in these industries use SAS. You will also learn new techniques and expand your SAS knowledge, regardless of your skill level. There are two scholarship programs offered this year to help students and new professionals offset the cost of attending the conference.
If you are a full-time student, you should apply for the Student Scholarship which includes:
- Discounted conference registration of $50.
- Three nights in the conference hotel (room and tax).
- Admission to receptions, breaks and luncheons.
- One free half-day seminar.
Having "PharmaSUG Student Scholarship recipient" on your resume is a great way to enhance your resume and highlight your SAS skills as well.
If you are a new professional, a part-time student, or recent graduate, you should apply for the Junior Professional Scholarship. This scholarship is for SAS users who are either:
- A part-time student using SAS while working in pharma or health care while attending school; OR
- A recent graduate who used SAS in coursework or research who is planning a career in pharma or health care; OR
- An employee using SAS in a pharma or health care related job for three years or less who is not receiving employer funding to attend the conference.
Each scholarship includes a discounted conference registration of $50; admission to receptions, breaks and luncheons; and one free full-day or two half-day seminars. Travel and hotel costs are the responsibility of the recipient.
For questions about either of these scholarship programs, contact email@example.com.
See you at PharmaSUG!