SAS and SAS users have a great history of collaborating to build and improve SAS software. Soon, that history will be repeated (on a grander scale!) with the development of the SAS Leadership Council.
The Leadership Council will be a team of seven SAS users and six leaders from SAS who will focus on strategic, operational and policy issues affecting the SAS community. The selection process for this team was developed by an interim working group comprised of SAS Global Users Group Executive Board members and select SAS representatives.
Qualifications to apply for the Leadership Council
- Senior management: Business, technical or IT.
- Key industries: Health and life sciences, financial services, retail, government or education.
- Current SAS customer/user: Working with or for a company that is a current SAS customer or partner.
- Leadership experience: Vice president, director, senior manager, team leader or project manager.
- Recognized expert: Broad knowledge/familiarity or subject matter expertise.
Once established, the Council will recommend Joint Advisory Teams (JATs). These JATs, similar to a task force or working group, will concentrate on focused short-term and long-term customer-facing projects. The JATs will also be a joint SAS and SAS user collaborative effort.
Applications are being accepted June 11-25, and the inaugural SAS Leadership Council will take place in September 2012. If you have questions, please send an email to SLC@sas.com.