Contributed by Ginger Carey and Kathy Valdés, WUSS 2011 Conference Chairs ~
The annual WUSS conference brings hundreds of SAS users and SAS experts together. Whether you are new to the world of SAS or
have been using it for years, consider the benefits of attending WUSS 2011 in San Francisco in October. You will leave with ideas to make your job easier and more productive, and you'll have tips to save you hundreds of hours.
WUSS 2011 has a great line-up of presentations, posters, hands-on workshops, classes, and social activities planned for Wednesday, October 12 through Friday, October 14. You will pick up new ways of solving problems, tips and tricks, and all of the new and upcoming advancements in SAS. All conference presentations and activities are open to all attendees at no extra cost, so there will be many opportunities to brush up your SAS skills and network with other attendees and SAS staff.
A sampling of activities:
- The First Timers session provides tips for getting the most from the conference. It's a great start for those who have never been to WUSS and a refresher for those who haven't been recently.
- An Exhibit and Demo Area begins Wednesday at 10 a.m.
- Opening Session features the keynote address "Analytic Skills = Competitive Advantage" by Randy Guard of SAS.
- Presentations, posters and workshops, Code Clinic, Demo Area and Exhibitor Displays, and access to SAS staff in the Demo Area happen throughout the conference. (Presentation schedule available in mid-September.)
- A networking mixer on Wednesday evening and lunch on Thursday are great opportunities to meet other attendees and SAS staff – fitting the conference theme "Better Together."
- Closing Session on Friday includes speaker awards, giveaways and plans for WUSS 2012.
There are also 18 pre- and post-conference training classes (offered at low cost, extra fee) taught by SAS experts. Classes provide in-depth coverage of a variety of topics. Past attendees requested more statistical classes, so this year, seven of the 18 classes are statistical classes.
There is a lot to enjoy in the San Francisco area: museums, art galleries, fabulous restaurants and historic sites. If you have recommendations, please share them with the Western Users of SAS Software LinkedIn Group.
In the time of tight budgets, remember:
- Early conference registration discount ends September 9.
- Reserve your room at the Grand Hyatt San Francisco on Union Square by September 19 to receive the discounted rate.
Check out www.WUSS.org for updates and schedule details.
Join us in October in San Francisco!