'Twas the week before Christmas, and all through the world ... dot-matrix printers were humming as Santa's naughty/nice list was unfurled...
Can you imagine what it must have been like years ago when Santa had to maintain his naughty/nice list by hand, with a feather quill pen?!? Or even these days when he could use a printer - how often would he have to re-print the list to keep it up to date? And not just the naughty/nice list - he's got hundreds of things he needs to keep track of!
My conclusion is that Santa *must* be using computers!
You can click on the dashboard image above to see the interactive prototype!
Here are some features of the prototype dashboard:
- You can click on a continent in the small map (top/left) to see a forecast of Santa's top secret route through that continent.
- You can hover your mouse over countries in the map to see the country names, and click on them to see images of Christmas traditions in that country (via a Google search).
- Also, a naughty/nice bar chart is shown for each continent, so you can easily compare the boys -vs- girls.
- The bar chart in the bottom/left shows the elves' production of the top 5 toys, versus the target goal.
- And the bar chart in the bottom/right shows some measurements of the 8 reindeer, versus their target values.
- Most everything in the dashboard has some form of hover-text and/or drill down links.
What else might Santa want to track in his dashboard? :)
Be sure to add this dashboard to your browser "favorites" so you can easily find it on Christmas Eve!
For a new/updated (optimised) look at Santa's route, check out Falko Schulz's 2013 blog post!