Here are some simple ways to save both tabular output and/or graphs in JMP.
When you copy information from JMP, you can either use “Copy” from the Edit menu or the tool bar. The copied information is copied to an active windows clip board.
1. If you want to save the whole report output with graphs, simply choose Edit/Copy to store the active window to the clipboard and then paste the results in your document.
2. You can save just a portion of the results by choosing the “fat-plus" tool from the toolbar (or Tools>Selection) and then clicking on the table, column or graph you would like save. You then copy and paste as before.
a. From any JMP output window, click on the selection tool in the toolbar (the fat plus)
b. Click on the content you’d like to copy – the selected content is highlighted. To extend a selection, hold the Shift key
c. Click Edit>Copy
d. Open the program where you’d like to paste the content and select Paste>Paste Special. From the list, select Picture (Enhanced Metafile).
By selecting Picture (Enhanced Metafile), you have the ability to grow and shrink the image, ungroup the image for manipulation. This options also takes up less storage space.
Once the image has been pasted in your application, if you right-click within the image and select Edit Picture, you then have the ability to manipulate that image.
3. JMP also provides methods that allow you to customize report output and save it as a graphic, text, Word, .rtf, or .html. The text format is the only format that doesn't save graphs. Select File>Save as
4. You can also save selected graphs or tables by choosing Edit>Save Selection As. This option only allows you to save the selected item as graphics with an extension .png, .jpg, .svg, .gif or .wmf
5. You cannot save output directly from the report; instead, you must duplicate it by selecting Edit>Journal or Edit>Layout. Both commands will reproduce the report in a new window and allow you to customize the look of the report. The layout option provides a few more editing options, such as allowing you to ungroup parts of a report. Select File/Save and choose a format above to save a journal or layout window.
To learn more about saving data tables, graphics and reports, refer to Chapter 4 of the User Guide in JMP: “Saving Data Reports and Sessions.”